New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Isle Skye Railway modular layout  (Read 79620 times)

Offline DaveGlew

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Isle Skye Railway modular layout
« Reply #570 on: February 12, 2018, 07:19:01 PM »
I'm thinking of using servos with the MERG servo 4. I'd be interested to know how you get on. Thanks.

I'm also considering that option or else W.I.T. so I would also be keen to see how you get on with MERG.
If it looks right, it probably is right.

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #571 on: February 12, 2018, 09:22:10 PM »
I'm thinking of using servos with the MERG servo 4. I'd be interested to know how you get on. Thanks.

I'm also considering that option or else W.I.T. so I would also be keen to see how you get on with MERG.

We seem to be going in the same direction! WIT is my other option. Being electronically challenged I'm trying to find ideas, experiences, pitfalls and anything else I can uncover. I'll let you know which way I go but it wont be for a while.
Cheers, Brian
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Offline ptopo

• Awards
« Reply #572 on: March 11, 2018, 08:33:20 AM »
One can already feel the atmosphere of the new modules, they will be fantastic when completed. excellent work Markus, thank you for posting the videos.

PT

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #573 on: March 11, 2018, 10:48:14 AM »
Great photos of your progress, the platforms are taking shape nicely ... if you don't mind me asking, what height of Styrene did you use on the "walls"?

Offline McRuss

• N Gauge Society Number: 18877
    • Isle of Skye Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #574 on: March 11, 2018, 06:10:27 PM »
Hello Milton Rail,

no problem. The Styrenestrips I had used are 9.5x6.3mm When finished the platform will be 10.5 mm in height.

Markus

Offline McRuss

• Isle of Skye Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #575 on: June 03, 2018, 10:15:00 AM »
Since my last post things in my personal live have changed. My wife and I decided to seperate. We are seperating in a good way, so no struggling and fighting. But these means that I have to move in a new home. But if everything is going according to the plan these will be the last move. These is because I will move in to my parents house, where I will move in to a room under the roof, and I get a room in the basement. These room measures 4x4 meters (about the size of my previous layout room). These time I could use all my modules and segments I have at the moment, and I don't have to sell or tear down parts of the layout.
I will also held an last operating session before the move by the end of these month. During these time I try to scenic the harbour area. After the end of June, I think I won't make great progress unless the benchwork construction in the new layoutroom until autum.
During the last few weeks I started with the scenic work on the harbour area. I painted the water surface with Marabu acrylic blue colour, and drybrushed it with a olive green colour from the same company. I dressed the pier walls with Slaters embossed plastic card, and painted it with Revell email paint. The pier surface was made with Moltofill Modelling past, which cures softer than spackling compound. When dry I embossed the cobble stones with a rolling stamp from RailNscale. After these I painted the surface with acrylic grey, and drybrushed it with light grey, brown, sand colour and white. The first layer of water is created with Marabu window colour cristal clear, which will be followed by a second layer in the next few days. I also addes some puddles on the pier surface with the window color.

Markus

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #576 on: June 03, 2018, 10:38:20 AM »
Hi Markus,

Sorry to hear of your split but glad it's amicable.

The harbour area looks great. Very inspirational for when I finally move and can build my Port Regleun layout. It looks so much better than my present little harbour layout but am doing that on the cheap.

Will be taking note of how you did it, where you got the products from etc., especially when you get to detail it. The cobblestone rolling stamp sounds interesting. Will look into that.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #577 on: June 03, 2018, 11:07:51 AM »
Hi Markus,

Sorry to hear of your split but glad it's amicable.

The harbour area looks great. Very inspirational for when I finally move and can build my Port Regleun layout. It looks so much better than my present little harbour layout but am doing that on the cheap.

Will be taking note of how you did it, where you got the products from etc., especially when you get to detail it. The cobblestone rolling stamp sounds interesting. Will look into that.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Seconded. Thanks for another very good set of photos. I'm very glad that your excellent layout should be able to 'live on' in a new location.

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #578 on: June 03, 2018, 11:19:33 AM »
Thirded!
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Offline Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
« Reply #579 on: June 03, 2018, 11:34:59 AM »
Sorry to hear your news, Markus. Good luck with the move. Excellent modelling of the docks.
I'm not sure if life is passing me by, or trying to run me over.

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #580 on: June 03, 2018, 11:47:56 AM »
I answered this, but seems to have vanished into the interether.

Second above post.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #581 on: June 03, 2018, 04:32:58 PM »
Ditto!

Dave G

Offline Caz

• N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #582 on: June 03, 2018, 07:58:36 PM »
Always sad to hear of a relationship breakdown Markus but at least you're not at each other's throats and I hope it keeps that way.  At least you have the layout to take your mind of things and like others like to way the harbour is progressing and looking forward to seeing this layout come back to life.

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #583 on: June 03, 2018, 08:41:31 PM »
I echo the sentiments above and look forward to the reincarnation later in the year. The harbour looks very good indeed.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Offline McRuss

• Isle of Skye Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #584 on: June 03, 2018, 08:49:43 PM »
Hello,

thank you all for your kind words.

Markus

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00