!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: FITTING SEEP POINT MOTORS  (Read 1509 times)

Offline DAVE1562

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23011
  • GWR MODELLER
    • Awards
FITTING SEEP POINT MOTORS
« on: September 28, 2012, 10:34:43 AM »
As a newbie to n gauge modelling i have noticed lots of peoples problems attaching seep point motors and setting up... i have found it easyer by using a seep base with all bits removed...it gives all hole positions by lining up with a line through the slider bar holes,centralise the point with the center slot and drill straight through slot and screw holes with a 1mm drill,you can then pick up positions underneath...make sure base is facing down it will then be the correct orieantation for underneath... also small screws... use r/c servo screws i get mine off ebay (modelaccessories .co.uk) available in 6,8,10 and 14mm lengths...2 mm dia,gives a small amount of side to side movement for adjustment and have large 6mm dia heads...perfect :thumbsup:
another tip...use one piece of a wooden peg and drill a hole size of pin 10mm from end down its center,fits nice and snug between seep relays and keeps it central(dont forget to remove when finished else seep motor will burn out!!!!)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 04:54:28 PM by DAVE1562 »

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £40.00
Site Currency: GBP
33% 
April Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal