!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

What do you think of this model?

Superb
Good
OK
Poor
Terrible

Author Topic: Minitrix 12128 SBB Ce6/8 III Electric Locomotive III  (Read 1947 times)

Offline jonclox

• Sadly Passed Away
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19998
    • Awards
Minitrix 12128 SBB Ce6/8 III Electric Locomotive III
« on: April 06, 2011, 11:11:19 AM »
'The crocodile'
I loved the look of this monster from the moment I 1st saw it.
Not something I have a place for in my layout but its my layout so I can run what I want (within reason) :-[
Not sure about minitrix to start off with I asked for general advice on this board and got only  :thumbsup: type answers.
Then I missed out on a couple on Ebay but spotted that Gaugemasters had new ones in stock for about the same price (typical). I braved some curves spending more money than any other N gauge item and went ahead and ordered.
Its a great loco from top to bottom. It does (pulls) everything Ive asked it to and negotiates  some curves that  must say it looks and feels like its been built like a tank for heavy work and I think it will still be working long after Ive given up on life.
A good buy I reckon. Its just the price that might put some people off
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 11:14:54 AM by jonclox »
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Offline grumbeast

• Trade Count: (0)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Minitrix 12128 SBB Ce6/8 III Electric Locomotive III
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 10:34:22 PM »
Hello!

This is my first post (though I recognise some names from the JR Forum).  I have an earlier minitrix Krok and I have to say teh only reason I voted good instead of superb is that its a little noisy and draws a fair bit of current.  I love it to bits tho... and you're right, I think it'll be pulling trains long after I'm gone.  All in all a wonderful model (incidentally, I acquired mine from my wife (who knew of my love of them) who found it in second hand in a watchmakers shop in Saskatoon, 3500km from where we live!.. it was quite a suprise when she returned from the trip she was on!)

Graham

Offline Babz

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Minitrix 12128 SBB Ce6/8 III Electric Locomotive III
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 01:47:05 PM »
Hi Everyone I have 2 Minitrix Dcc Kroks 121533 one is really Superb But the other Is a nightmare I have Even Replaced the Decoder with a Lenz & It is still no Better, But from a lookable model It's really Great & It pull's up graients with a good load.

Babz :NGaugersRule:

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £69.00
Below Goal: £31.00
Site Currency: GBP
69% 
October Donations

Advertise Here