!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Lamberts Railway Miscellany , By Anthony Lambert Review  (Read 1015 times)

Offline upnick

• Trade Count: (+16)
    • Awards
Lamberts Railway Miscellany , By Anthony Lambert Review
« on: August 25, 2012, 09:54:29 PM »
Lamberts Railway Miscellany , By Anthony Lambert

Book Review: Hi  All,   

A  good book   for those  spare  moments where a  few pages  pass the time full  of tales from  railways  over time  mainly it seems  on  initial  impressions from  the steam era.

Hardcover  over 224   pages it will  keep  you entertained i'm  sure a  couple of snippets from one of the pages ...........   

Afternoon tea through central  Wales

The London Midland &  Scottish Railway operated three  tea cars created from  London &  North  Western Railway third - class corridor coaches.
Between the wars one of them worked on the 10.25am from  Swansea Victoria to Shrewsbury over the gloriously scenic Central Wales line,   being  detached at Craven Arms  for the return south on the 3.27pm

The first dining car

The first British dining - car service was introduced by the Great Northern Railway ,  in partnership  with  the Pullman  Car Company ,  on  1 November 1879 when the Pullman diner Prince of Wales left Leeds Central  at 10am for London King's Cross

Averaging two to  three  short  passages  per page a good buy  especially as i  managed to get a copy at the Works  book  shop   for  3.99  (RRP 12.99)   

''A book you cant do without full of fascinating gems''
                          Pete Waterman

Highly reccomended.

Published 2010

ISBN 978-0-09-193771-3

Score: 5
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:59:16 PM by upnick, Reason: ISBN added »

Offline Caz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Lamberts Railway Miscellany , By Anthony Lambert Review
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 09:59:21 PM »
Sounds like a really good read and what a bargain you got, well done.  :thankyousign:

Offline upnick

• Trade Count: (+16)
    • Awards
Re: Lamberts Railway Miscellany , By Anthony Lambert Review
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 10:02:52 PM »
 Your welcome Caz,  it  is a great little book   & at the price well worth it  .....  i'm not a reader but it holds my interest.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
July Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal