!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Barts End  (Read 14419 times)

Offline Sprintex

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: CLOSED
    • Awards
Re: Barts End
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2014, 09:05:27 AM »
Nice control panel :thumbsup:

Look forward to the :camera: of the new trackwork ;)

Paul

Online 1936ace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22564
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2014, 12:37:19 PM »
Some photo updates
The first had the main line bend right out of the station and worked its way round in a figure 8 incline up over the hills to the main line junction with the branch going straight out the station into a tunnel and went round to the right to lilyvale. While the main had a great scenic feel as it made its way up the through the mountains I just did not think it was right
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)
The second photo is its final setup which I'm really happy with. The main line now goes straight out of the station and the branch no goes right and down an incline on its way to lilyvale(branch line is about 11mtrs)
The three sidings on the left allow for small branch line trains to pull into and be made into larger trains for its journey out of Barts end on the western single line main line to zacton junction where it either terminates into the various industries or continues to London
This now gives me great operational use and the trains really have somewhere to go just like the real thing. At the same time zac can give his bp or hst a good run around the wall on the continuous lms track.
Thanks to all for the advice and suggestion re track plan/operation
Bart

Online 1936ace

• Awards
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2014, 07:14:10 AM »
Hi all
This is how barts end will look. On the left is the coal merchant(I have little coal bins and a weigh bridge to plonk down somewhere). Next us the public goods shed in the middle and as we move across is the br rail parcels shed platform 1/2 buildings then adj 3 platform the main station building. At the top is the sig box on the left and loco depot shed, water tank,sanding tower and t/table. I want to add platform canopy to 1/2 platforms as this is where the long distance and holiday trains pull into and there would be lots of people and luggage waiting(would this be correct). The branch platform has a waiting room
Bart

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2014, 12:13:01 PM »
That looks great! Sorry if you've answered this before, but as you know, I'm currently roaming around NE England and grab looks when I get free WiFi...  where did you get the buildings?

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Online 1936ace

• Awards
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2014, 12:51:17 PM »
Hi mate
The buildings are the Hornsby lyddell end east end station set, bought from hattons and the second complete set of station building loco shed goods shed footbridge signal box and water tank came of eBay. I think I passed on the station building as I didn't need two to someone on the ngf
Bart

Online 1936ace

• Awards
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2014, 01:10:31 PM »
Hi all,
Found some spare thime this week to continue the slow progress of my setup. I wanted to have the track plan for Lilyvale down but what i thought was a good trackplan, never really did it for me. So after borrowing a book from a mate i trawled through its pages and found a couple of plans that had the key thing i wanted and it would suit.
The area i have is just 200cm by 34cm for the station area with a 120cm by 50cm for the coal mine. I wanted a dairy as well and using the new acquired hornby lydell end station set i also has to fit it a loco shed and its facilities, a goods shed, station buildings incl booking hall,waiting room and station master house.
I sat down before the other night and using anyrail drew up  plan that had the elements from the book suited to fit the area. I then printed it off and laid the building down where they would go and was happy how it looked so today the track went down and im very happy.
As you will see it is still sitting on the anyrail paper paln so not yet glued into final position so if anyone sees something wrong please let me know

Viewed from the approach to the station on the branch line. Passing the farm and loco depot you run into the two platform(4 coach + loco). Further along is the goods shed and yard on the left and the express egg and milk depot on the right with a small yard at the topright. The coal line branches off to the top left with the old branch line (now closed)running thru the middle out of site

Coal mine with ita array of support buildings

Looking back towards Lilyvale station from the signal box and the line going back to barts end

Express dairies cremery incl the egg packing plant, milk transfer building and boiler house and the old signal box in the foreground. The private line/sidings ito the coal were just loose laid as i ran out of time to connect before going to work
thanks bart

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2014, 05:22:06 PM »
Nice work, Bart!

The coal mine really looks the business. Not sure if you've given info on that before so please either spill the beans or tell me to look properly!!  :D

Dave G

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2014, 06:07:28 PM »
Good work, there, Bart! I've been at Wigan show today.. some great layouts! On the silver bird back to a land Downunder on Monday.  :thumbsup:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Online 1936ace

• Awards
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2014, 09:34:06 PM »
Hi George
So jealous of your train tripping. Yesterday there was plenty if steam and heritage diesel action at central Sydney going trips

Hi Dave
It is the faller coal poppet head which I've had for over 20 years and on its third layout. There was a story in the NGOs journal recently I think to make it more British like. The other buildings are from the Hornsby Lysenko end coal mine set, fan building, tram hut workshop and explosives hut. I grab the coal Shute thingy from hattons for just 6 some time back and it worked out well sitting next to the lift. I will draw with ack ink some track lines on the deck and I have some of the farish coal miners pushing skips which I will sit on top as if they are about to unload into the wagon below

Thanks Bart

Online 1936ace

• Awards
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2014, 11:38:05 PM »
HELP NEEDED

Well with barts end, elocin and lilyvale track plan all down, wired and tested with plenty of trains over the rails I'm now ready to do the two track round the room main line

But I'm stuck and at a loss to figure out a good track plan that works and looks right for zac ton junction

The area is 4500mm by 600mm with track having to come round from the bottom left and right as per the baseboard on the original photo
I need a four platform junction station ( two for the main lms and two for the main going west) to fit loco and 8 coaches. I also have to fit in an old loco depot, t/table yard to house the heritage trains, a modern service centre for locos and emus and some siding for industries incl a milk plant I would also like a series of siding that trains can be put away while others pass it or to allow freight of the west to be re-locoed to go go say north
I hope this is not too confusing
I've tried heaps of different plans incl using any rail to see if it fit but I end up with a mess or something that does not feel right. I'm using code 80 with med points
Any suggestions of how to make it fit or real plans to copy from would be great as at the present times I have track down each side and nothing in between and can't run stuff accept for the completed sections of course
Starting to get frustrated but not getting it sorted
Thanks in advance

Bart

Offline daveg

• Awards
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2014, 07:34:50 AM »
Hi Bart

Just did a quick review of the most recent pics. Looks really good.

Maybe if you can upload your AnyRail plan as it currently is, folk can make some suggestions that could help.

Dave G

Online 1936ace

• Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2014, 02:38:10 PM »
Hey dave
Thanks mate

I know what currently is shown is a long way off from it ended up for Barts end and lilyvale, the rest is pretty much the same well sort off
As I have mentioned I'm stuck getting zacton junction planned. It started as a through plus terminus station with depots and industries but I changed how I wanted to operate it which I now have heaps more operation scope if a few turn up to play trains.
I would zacton to be a 4 platform junction station, 1/2 platforms take the London to Scotland traffic while 3/4 will take line to Barts end on the western line.
I would like some yards where trains can lay over or loco changed out plus a few sidings for industries plus I need to include the heritage depot and modern traction depot.
Each time I start laying in down on any rail I get to a point and think this is how it would of been done.
With 800mm on each end of the 4500mm long section for the side sections it stil gives me about 2900 mm in the middle and do you think I can get anything to fit using medium code 80 point and still have my 8 coach long platforms.
I get the station bit right but then can't get the sidings right. I'd like a couple each side.
Should I look at real locations and see if it will fit
Again thanks for the suggestions and help
Bart

Offline daveg

• Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2014, 03:13:23 PM »
Looks amazing as it is and beyond me to offer constructive advice.

I'm sure there are people that can come up with some good ideas & suggestions.

Looking forward to seeing what you decide.

Dave G

Online 1936ace

• Awards
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2014, 07:56:13 AM »
Hi all,

Just finished another attempt at getting zacton junction track plan completed. i think i have got what i think would be a good representation of how it may have look in the real railway world.

it gives me operation play with some yards and somewhere to park my steamers that i said i would never buy and a sub depot for the diesel fleet and a shed adj the station for the dmu's

i can also exchange trains via the nice long yard for trains coming from the single line western line before thet go either north  or south to london

suggestions, thoughts, changes please

Just saw the materials list1 ouch 36 points and 38mtrs of track. oh well its only money

Bart

Online 1936ace

• Awards
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2016, 07:43:43 PM »
Hi all
 Got some train time in. Managed to get the double track main line installed.
Today I will try and get the "gap over the door" installed
Slow progress but at least I'm heading in the right direction. And more importantly still can play trains with Zac while we are building
Bart

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £155.00
Above Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
282% 
August Donations