!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Barts End  (Read 14677 times)

Offline 1936ace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22564
    • Awards
Re: Barts End Track Plan
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 04:06:16 AM »
A fellow n gauger visited with family for dinner last night and was keen to see the blue Pullman and while very impressed with the new model was slightly horrified at my quick set up of an oval around the layout board. While it goes around the wall it does have to " bridge the door way". It will in due time have a proper timber construction bit done but apparently a 10 foot length of 4 by 1 just laid over sitting on some timber off cuts and a bit of foam to get the height right is not good enough. Go figure!
Even more funny was seeing his face as the blue Pullman traversed the " bridge ".

Some people are just way too fussy!

Bart

Offline Jack

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 07:44:35 AM »
Even more funny was seeing his face as the blue Pullman traversed the " bridge ".

Maybe your friend was worried about your Aussie dollars being wasted as your BP ended up on the floor in a heap of broken plastic and metal as it fell off the temporary bridge!  Nah!, you're probably right, just way to fussy..  ;D
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Offline 1936ace

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 08:10:41 AM »
G'day Jack,

Seriously what could go wrong. I used proper construction like the two off cuts of the incline risers were placed on top of the four blocks of wood and then the plank was sat on top and used high quality air to hold it all together. Just finished a good hour run, the four year wanted to play so we haveruntheblue Pullman, a top train headed by a 37, a goods headed by a 42, Pullman coaches with a deltic up front and zac ran his 5 mt with sound pulling heritage coaches incl the new ngs inspection saloon; a very spoilt little boy.
Bridge is holding fast and has even taken a few hits and is still standing.
Some people have no faith in engineering marvels
Bart

Offline Jack

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 08:22:50 AM »
What's the fuss - that bridge sounds strong enough to walk on (but don't tempt Zac).

I must look out for that high quality air, that sounds like strong stuff  :laugh:
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Offline 1936ace

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 08:39:58 AM »
I must take a photo and uploaded it here, should get a few laughs and maybe the odd critic.

Bart

Offline 1936ace

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 05:36:47 AM »
Hi all, feeling a little better the correct meds must be working and thought i might go ndown the back shed and see the trains and i thought i best do a photo or two of my not progressing layout.

Looking in the the window from where my two vintage dennis fire trucks live. the windows stop the room from being just a box and im amazed how much IT "opens it up" even thought it is inside a shed.
That temporary "air glued" bridge can be seen on the left.

Standing in the door looking over Barts end in the middle with the foam inclines(2%) leading it out of the valley up the mountain where it eventually just the new main near the door. And yes in know it is messy :P

Sorry about the poor focus but taken on my ipad, show what will be the upper main level which is zacton junction. At the moment it is home to the two lines running around the room(across the air glued bridge, faller have asked for permission to use it,totally amazed :D) and a few siding to store the trains. The inside track is DCC and the outer is DC. In the DCC yard is a 108 with sound, 5mt with sound pulling heritage stanier coaches and the ngs inspection saloon, hst,dp1 and pullman coaches,37and a tpo train, a 42 on a goods and a lit up 121 bubble. On the dc track is my new blue pullman and a 3 car 101, 14 and a 03.

Shows the 121 arriving at the temporary zacton junction station with the blue pullman having just departed for mitchel.The narrow lower level is for the single track(shown dotted green on track plan) to allow me to get across from lilivale to barts end via elocin halt which will be served by the regular 121 service.
Having run a nice 10 coach train behind a 47 i now must rethink BArts end and make it 40cm longer to allow for the longer train, luckily i have room to do it so tomorrow track will be lifted and new baseboard built and bolted in place of current one, barts end will accomodate a large loco and 10 coaches with out getting in the way of access to the yard, other platform and the loco shed etc

Anyway thanks for looking  BArt

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 07:22:51 AM »
Pleased you're feeling better.

Nice bit of space you've got there.

Obviously good quality air mixed with just a touch of Newton's Gravity really works well.

Look forward to your next update.

Dave G

Offline Pengi

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 07:38:08 AM »
Looking very good indeed. You BP looks good - well worth the wait?
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 09:43:57 AM »
Very nice, BArt :claphappy:

Offline 1936ace

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 10:52:28 AM »
Hey Dave,

Never thought of using that, what size bottle does newtons gravity come in :laugh:
Thanks Bart

Offline daveg

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 11:19:06 AM »
Hey Dave,

Never thought of using that, what size bottle does newtons gravity come in :laugh:
Thanks Bart

Can't be specific but it should at least 1 Imperial Pint and contain a minimum of 5% drinking alcohol!  :beers:

Dave G

Offline 1936ace

• Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 12:02:29 PM »
Hey Pengy, yeh love the blue Pullman. I pre ordered the first day they came on line. It has done a few miles now and I'm really happy about how the two power cars are evenly matched, no bumping or pulling away.

Expensive but so worth.

Next the Briton belle in 1969 blue grey, not my era, not my location, don't do third rail but hey it should look good and it has light up table lamps, very lar-de-dah

Hopefully it won't be expensive

Bart

Offline daveg

• Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 12:30:47 PM »

Next the Briton belle in 1969 blue grey, not my era, not my location, don't do third rail but hey it should look good and it has light up table lamps, very lar-de-dah

Hopefully it won't be expensive

Bart

Me too but the other colour scheme. I'm reckoning on about 130/150 but hoping for less. Think we get to know next month sometime.

I've now forward ordered 3 more locos and it ain't February yet!  :worried:

Need my debit card shredded at this rate. Aw! Who needs to eat anyway?  :claphappy:

Dave G

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 12:46:05 PM »
I'm reckoning on about 130/150 but hoping for less.

Dave G

I think you may be optimistic there, Dave.
The BP (albeit 6 car) was over 200. Let's hope for those who want the BB you're right :)

Offline daveg

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 12:52:52 PM »
Yes, I did a quick rethink on that after my initial ambitious hope!

Still it is a 3 car job and the BP is a 6; isn't it?  :-\

I'll have to withdraw if it's over 150 as that's the pain threshold, in so many ways!

Dave G

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £66.00
Below Goal: £34.00
Site Currency: GBP
66% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything