!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Port Perran Timetabled Running  (Read 1467 times)

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Port Perran Timetabled Running
« on: July 23, 2012, 08:59:19 PM »
Trying to create a timetabled sequence on my layout so have taken a few photos to illustrate a short sequence at Port Perran my main station which has two terminal roads plus a straight through running line to Lanharrack or to Pellant.

2.30pm. Shunter arrives with two waggons loaded with sand from Pellant. The waggons will later be shunted into the goods yard at Port Perran ready for onward movement to Truro and beyond.  A dmu stands at Platform 2 with the 3.32 departure to Truro.  The Hymek waiting at the end of the shed road will later take a train of vans up to Pellant.

2.50pm. The Hymek has moved into the goods yard and is ready to depart with the vans. Meanwhile a two coach local has arrived behind a pannier from Lanharrack (this train will travel on to Truro). The "Bubble Car" has run down (empty stock) from Truro to form a later train.

3.10  The pannier has arrived from Truro with two coaches from the London to Penzance train. This  train will depart at 3.42 for Lanharrack but will need to reverse into the goods loop whilst it waits for departure.  The shunter is waiting in the goods yard to return light engine to Pellant.

3.40. The dmu has departed . The Hymek has arrived with a parcels train from Plymouth (via Truro) and will run on to Pellant. The bubble car is about to depart for Truro. The class 08 is shunting waggons in the goods yard.

4.00. The Bubble Car has moved to Platform One and is departing for Truro. Meanwhile the 45XX waits to run into the station with the two main line coaches for Pellant.

All a bit complicated but it does make for interesting running. And....it's not yet completely "tweaked".  Apologies for the slightly bent signal and for the shunter's dummy signal which has come adrift !!
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
Re: Port Perran Timetabled Running
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 09:07:15 PM »
Sorry. Pic 3 should read Prarie NOT Pannier !!
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline tim-pelican

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22330
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 09:18:32 PM »
Nice work - this is the kind of thing I aspire to, all these interrelated movements (and the associated signalling) fascinate me...

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 09:20:04 PM »
Very interesting :thumbsup:
Something I'd like to get to grips with further down the line (pun iintended)

Offline Matthew-peter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23667
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 09:42:10 PM »
Good time table  :thumbsup:, am working on mine at the moment and got quite a few movements noted down so far.
It is one of the main aspects that I like of operating a layout.
OK who took my cake?

Offline longbridge

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 10:10:51 PM »
Lovely looking layout and pictures, interesting idea running a timetable  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything