!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Thornton Gate of the Blackpool Tramway  (Read 57813 times)

Offline housey_d444

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Thornton Gate of the Blackpool Tramway
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 06:00:53 PM »
Love it!

Being a large shareholder in a blackpool tram i would defo have a couple for my n gauge tramway which i'm building.

Scott

Offline Balloon_726

• Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 08:09:32 PM »
Love it!

Being a large shareholder in a blackpool tram i would defo have a couple for my n gauge tramway which i'm building.

Scott

Thanks, sounds really interesting, will it be as a real location or factious?
Also out of interest which tram are you a shareholder in?

If you would like some of my kits then PM me, Im making orders now for other forum members, with my production run extended into October 

Offline longbridge

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 10:08:07 PM »
Good for you I am pleased things went well for you and hope you make the layout available for others to enjoy  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Offline K-N-Gauge

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 11:08:11 PM »
glad it went well :)

Offline Balloon_726

• Awards
Trams Almost ready for shipping!!!!!!
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2012, 03:51:22 PM »
Thanks for all the interest and comments... the good news is from this weekend the first N gauge trams will be shipped out over the next 4 weeks... so if your on my books i'll be PMing you soon for contact and payment details...

After Manchester and the response ive invested in ramping up production, so im more then happy to take new orders with expected delivery time mid September

Also first look at a complete balloon kit as will be shipped out... I really like the box :-) Its all come together really well,

Watch your in boxes, I'll be in touch soon!

Tom

Offline Balloon_726

• Awards
Re: Trams Almost ready for shipping!!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2012, 11:18:36 AM »
Thanks for all the interest and comments... the good news is from this weekend the first N gauge trams will be shipped out over the next 4 weeks... so if your on my books i'll be PMing you soon for contact and payment details...

After Manchester and the response ive invested in ramping up production, so im more then happy to take new orders with expected delivery time mid September

Also first look at a complete balloon kit as will be shipped out... I really like the box :-) Its all come together really well,

Watch your in boxes, I'll be in touch soon!

Tom

Now a site sponsor ;D so as above ... first orders have now been dispatched!

Offline Mustermark

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19989
  • Ex-pat Brit in Maryland
    • Mark's Model Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2012, 11:39:06 AM »
Very much looking forward to receiving mine. Many thanks. :thumbsup:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2012, 01:36:50 AM »
Just clicked on the advert out of curiosity... wow, that's quite a journey! Most unusual and totally impressive. Love the layout, and best of luck with your business venture!!! :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Pengi

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2012, 08:04:06 AM »
Just clicked on the advert out of curiosity... wow, that's quite a journey! Most unusual and totally impressive. Love the layout, and best of luck with your business venture!!! :thumbsup:

Same goes for me too :thumbsup:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Offline Balloon_726

• Awards
When Team Thornton Gate visited the Manchester model tram exhibition 2012
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 10:20:49 PM »

Update Time..... When Team Thornton Gate visited the Manchester model tram exhibition 2012.

Hi all sorry its been a few weeks, but have been really busy, with work and getting Thornton Gate ready for its next public outing on September 1st....

Anyway thought id share a few photos from our trip to Manchester.

Had a really good day.. made a lot of new contacts and met some forum members, Didn't taken anything of the exhibition but did of the Brush Car at heaton park tramway, were we spent a bit of time during the day.

Big thanks to Paul and the staff at heaton park, for there help and for taking us for a ride on the brush car :-) .

Right now for developments....

As already mentioned Thornton Gate is next going out to the Ludlow exhibition on September 1st, I'll post more details soon...

Myself and Sam (my brother) are now experimenting with Kato chassises as a replacement for Bachmann bills, its early days but so far very impressed!

On the modelling front , Im working on a brush car, and conversion for my balloon to a flush front 'Millennium' class and/or as a modern updated balloon, looking at doing a version of 700 in flexy pink ... which hopfully will be ready for Ludlow.

My Farish 04 will also hopefully be chipped and ready allowing some shunting movements and operation in Thornton Gate yard during the show.

Im also going to get the missing buildings in such as the houses, sheds and sub station which are missing, and maybe even the wires up..... photos will follow...

Thanks for reading - more to follow
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:57:45 AM by Balloon_726 »

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2012, 01:26:57 AM »
I love this story! You have an avid reader here in Oz..... keep it coming! :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Balloon_726

• Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2012, 02:08:26 AM »
I love this story! You have an avid reader here in Oz..... keep it coming! :thumbsup:

cheers thanks very much, its been nice to have such comments and appreciation from all over the world!

Dont know if you've seen this, but there is a video online of Thornton Gate

Thornton Gate Tramway at Llandrinio model rail exhibition 2012

Offline Balloon_726

• Awards
Ludlow Exhibition on Saturday 1st of September
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 10:07:44 PM »
Right... Finally got back to working on a few improvements for Thornton Gate ahead of its next public outing to Ludlow in less then 2 weeks time!

Rolling stock wise, Ive started creating new ends to convert my balloon cast into a millennium car...

Above: Taking a hacksaw to a balloon, and replacing with new flush ends, seen here the master for the new ends which have now been made into a mould and casted.

Also in the works (be it in paper prototyping stage only) the Brush Car, im still trying to get the shape right before committing to plastic.

And finally on this small update , I have began experimenting with superb Kato chassises, the size is just amazing, there really easy to cut and lengthen, as well as custom chip, Currently im still trilling a small fleet of these chassises, but looking at it all ready, the days of Bachmann Brill  trolly split chassises may be numbered, as when funds allow i might move the whole fleet over to Kato units...

Anyway Thornton Gate is out at the Ludlow (Shropshire) Exhibition on Saturday September the 1st, at the St johns ambulance building in the town, doors open at 10am....

Failing that, Thornton Gate will make its 3rd and last planned appearance of 2012, at the 'puffin rail day' exhibition at Bayston Hill, Shrewsbury (Shropshire) on Saturday 24th of November.. more details will following on this one nearer the time...

The layout is currently in my office at work being prepped for Ludlow :-) which is quite cool .... however ive not got a lot done on it so far, as everyone else in the building has had to come down and have a look... with comments like "ohhh have you got a model railway in there?" and "dose it work and can i have a look?" still could be worse!

Offline moogle

• N Gauge Society Number: 5694
  • Mad as a hatter and proud!
    • PhotoBucket
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »
This is one C 8) 8) L tramway layout!  :thumbsup:
I lived in Layton for a year and was in Blackpool most days so got very used to the trams.
You've captured the area well as I often caught the tram into Fleetwood to visit the market.
I'll be following this thread from now for sure!  :)

On the subject of chassis, Kato is lightyears away from the Bachmann Brill chassis.
I had a tramway on a layout years ago and used a Bachmann PCC streetcar on it with 2 bodies 'cut & shut' into one.
The chassis eventually just gave me so many problems I had to replace it. Sold it on with the layout thankfully.
So yes, replace the ones you have with Kato and you'll get a lifetime of trouble free tramway fun!  :bounce:

Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Offline bluedepot

• Trade Count: (+8)
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2012, 10:03:17 PM »
how about adding a modemo hiroshima 5000 tram and painting it in flexity blackpool livery????

くねくね走るGREENMOVER MODEMO製広島電鉄5000形 2011年鉄道模型ショウ

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £44.00
Below Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
80% 
September Donations