!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Personal Messages (or PMs)  (Read 763 times)

Offline Pengi

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Personal Messages (or PMs)
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:21:57 AM »
A PM, or Personal Message, is a private message and can be sent to an individual rather than posted to the topic or thread for all to see. PMs are useful for off-topic messages, personal messages and any negotiations about items in our 'For Sale' or 'Wanted' Sections.

There are a number of different ways that you can send a PM.

You can search for a member using the "members" button in the menu near the top of each page and there should be an option to send them a PM.

Or . . you can click on 'My Messages', then 'Send a message'

Or... If you find a post by that member, e.g. Newportnobby's message about the poll, then the PM icon is on the left under the member's description... There are little icons at the bottom of their details, and the PM icon is the sort of speech bubble one.

Using any of the methods above will bring up the 'New Message' page with a 'To:' box, a 'Subject:' box and an empty box where you write your message.

Then you write your message. Before sending the message, check the 'To': has the right member's name in and the 'Subject:' box has the appropriate title in - otherwise the title will appear as 'No Subject'. Then click on 'Preview' or 'Send Message' as required. It is recommended that you tick the option to 'Save a copy in my outbox'
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £44.00
Below Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
80% 
September Donations

anything