!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Operations Info - 50s/60s German branchlines  (Read 395 times)

Offline ntpntpntp

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Operations Info - 50s/60s German branchlines
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2020, 06:18:17 PM »
I've never seen a photo of one in Blue/Beige that still has the driving cab in place.

How about this? Presume it still has the cab as it has end windows?

https://www.railsimulator.net/thread/14584-polygonzug-mitteleinstiegswagen-byl-erh%C3%A4ltlich/
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Offline BlythPower

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Deutsche Bundesbahn in den 80ern
    • Awards
Re: Operations Info - 50s/60s German branchlines
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2020, 07:20:18 AM »
I've never seen a photo of one in Blue/Beige that still has the driving cab in place.

How about this? Presume it still has the cab as it has end windows?

https://www.railsimulator.net/thread/14584-polygonzug-mitteleinstiegswagen-byl-erh%C3%A4ltlich/

It looks intact - the headlight appears to be in place under the end window. The end windows were usually, though not always plated over. The accompanying post appears to be from a driver:

With the increasing procurement of the Karlsruhe carriages, the yl control cars were only used as normal cars with a luggage compartment. The control stands were narrow, uncomfortable and the lack of space only offered space for inadequate instrumentation. The problem also existed with the rabbit box, but was not so acute.

At that time I often drove with these cars, as well as with the conversion cars and silver coins. When Loks was pre-tensioned what was there. Well, a 103 wasn't there, but there was also a 110 or an S-Bahn 111. That was in Wuppertal from the 1970s to the 1980s. The pictures with the Byl come from Nuremberg.

AByl 411, then Byl 421 in blue-beige as well as in green and finally the BDylb 459. The "f" is already missing in the generic name, which means that the steering position was already expanded. Before that, a S-Bahn 111 pulls.

Slightly mangled by Google Translate ('expanded' where 'built out' would be better), but I'm taking it to mean the driving compartment was out of use!  ;)

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £71.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
September Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal