!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Sticking Kato Points problem - Solution  (Read 84 times)

Online Jack

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
Sticking Kato Points problem - Solution
« on: June 19, 2020, 02:52:58 PM »
Apologise if I'm teaching some "grannies" to suck eggs on this one, but I came across a brilliant solution to a problem that I had to share.

I had a Kato crossover that was sticking badly and at 37 a pop to replace I wasn't happy. Anyway I turned to Mike Fifer on Youtube, he's good for knowledge on Kato Unitrack as many know.

I came across this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j16SCbk-uo Ordered some Kadee "Grease-em" from trainshop.co.uk via ebay and applied to problem crossover. As if by magic, for 4.14, instant result!!

The difference was incredibly, so much so that I applied the Grease-em to all my Kato points.

Just a word of cautions - it's quite easy to put too much on your points. You need to squeeze the tube very very carefully or you'll end up with a small pile of graphite dusk on you points  :-[. (I carefully ran a loco through it, spreading it along the track, which also helped in the running of the locos on the track).

Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Online chrism

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • The Coniston Railway
    • Awards
Re: Sticking Kato Points problem - Solution
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 03:11:27 PM »
They (Kadee, that is) certainly know how to mark things up when repackaging them, don't they?
When it's sold as a dry graphite powder lock lubricant, you get 9 times as much for only 25p more  ;)

I use it, when needed, to improve my points blade contact.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal