!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Magnetic Couplings Hunt v GLR  (Read 205 times)

Offline N_GaugeModeller

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Magnetic Couplings Hunt v GLR
« on: June 12, 2020, 04:12:38 PM »
Hi all

So with the flood of Youtube Videos from all the Model Railway Influencers there are two makers now pushing them, Hunt and GLR both look to be almost identical, not a surprise I suppose but anyone tried both, how do they compare to each other, is one better than the other are they even compatible with each other.

Thanks for any input on this

just ordered some magnets from Guysmagnets to try and make my own but still interested in your views on these.

Thanks

NGM

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: Magnetic Couplings Hunt v GLR
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 04:14:24 PM »
The Hunt ones are just ridiculously big. First time I've seen the GLR ones, but still not overly neat IMO.

Offline Bob G

• N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 04:35:37 PM »
Oh please dont tell me there are model railway influencers. I wonder if they are the sort that got Fawlty Towers taken off iPlayer too.

Online njee20

• N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 06:22:00 PM »
I did die a bit inside when I commented how the Hunt ones are everywhere suddenly and someone said “they’re new, so you’re seeing them a lot from us YouTubers”, as if that’s a way many people consume content. Shudder.

Offline nobby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21612
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 04:44:10 PM »
having got a set of the hunt couplings i would agree with others that they are quite big ,but that being said i got them purely for the dapol mk3s and hst sets because the couplings were so floppy, once close coupled together, weathered they are not that bad or noticeable in my opinion, i wont be using them for wagons and such like as you would see them more and then they are not so good , they have i see now brought out a type that is 33% smaller but i dont have these so cant coment.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
July Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal