!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: New Tomix track cleaner arrived but not working. Any ideas welcome.  (Read 167 times)

Offline ziltam

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Hi all.

Purchased a Tomix track cleaner which arrived in the post today.  All pieces present and correct but the unit is dead.  Locos are running fine on the track and I can can pull the unit around but the vacuum doesn’t work nor the cleaning heads.  I have tried increasing power and run it with the switch in all positions but still no joy.  Running on DC.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
I don't know the Tomix model, but does it need to sit on the track and charge a battery?   

Recently I took a chance and bought a Lux DCC fitted cleaning wagon extremely cheaply on ebay as "not working", all it needed was a few minutes to charge up! Saved myself about £150!
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Sorry, but I'm in the 'send it back for replacement/refund' camp.

Online railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
I don't know the Tomix model, but does it need to sit on the track and charge a battery?   

Nope, no battery.

With mine I've had the vacuum motor stop working as gunk seems to clog up the motor bearings after a while, but a new model should just work.
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Offline ziltam

• Awards
Thanks for the responses all.  I decided to send it back and get a replacement.  Hopefully this one will work as it should.  Again, thanks for the responses.  Much appreciated.  Kind regards.

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
I have one that a friend gave me when he changed gauges its no good as a track cleaner but absolutely brilliant as a vacuum cleaner ,and a word of warning be very careful what liquid you use in the little tank TRACK MAGIC melts the inside and now the minute hole is no more .but its still used as I said as a vacuum cleaner .
Bob Tidbury 

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal