!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: my layout  (Read 222 times)

Offline paulbeckwith

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
my layout
« on: May 17, 2020, 04:06:31 PM »

hi  all         I  have  been  a   armchair  follower  for  the  last  5  years and  this  year  is  the  year  I  start  building  my  layout

my  name  is  paul     live  in  Bedford     my   layout ( proposed ) until  it  gets  slated or  pulled  apart  either  way  im  grateful  for  ALL  HELP

layout  board  has  been  built    1 metre  by  1.95  metres  at  present .. board  is leaning  up  against  a  wall       it  WILL  HAVE  TO  BE 

HINGED  ON  SAID  WALL       I  don't  have  the  room  for  it  to  be  down  all  the  time    (  my  image  is  currently  lying  in  limbo  in  my

images  and   I  cannot  get  it  from  there )I  have  asked  mr  tank  to  assist   if  possible    my  layout  will  be   dcc     I have  most  of  the

points  and  track  of  which   a  fair  part  off  it  WILL  BE  FLEXI  TRACK        im  looking  forward  for  you  to  pull it apart / slate it  or  guide  me

yours  faithfully      paul         as   soon  as  I  can  get  image   to  the  front

Online Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Awards
Re: my layout
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 03:09:26 PM »
Hi Paul,

I've found your image in the Random folder.  I'll include it here and PM you on how to find it.  :)

Offline crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 03:11:34 PM »
Looks like an extensive plan. What era will it be ? Dcc or analogue

Offline paulbeckwith

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 04:49:59 PM »
hi  all   its  going  to  be  era  8  and  9  modernish     already  have  5 x  66 s . a  68  a  70   5 x 08 s  .   plus  37   a  couple of   them  are  chipped  but  some  of  them need  hard  wiring   something  I  don't  fancy  doing       definitely  rule  1       dcc   ..I  bought  a  Hornby  elite  4  years  ago    used  it  for  10  mins  then  packed  away  again      its  going  on  e**y  soon      ..  I  fancy  the  look  of  the   sig - ne -trak  controller

wiring  the  scissor  crossings  scare  me      I  have  been  sent  drawings  on  how  to  do  this    no  probs  with  the  bus  wires

still  unsure  which  point  type  to   go  for     I  have  15  servo s    but  unsure  if  I  will  use  them

the  biggest  problem  I  will  have  is  its  GOT  TO  BE  HINGED  TO  WALL   my  sons  a  chippy  ...im  getting  him  to  help  me

paul

Offline paulbeckwith

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 08:50:12 PM »

hi  all

how do  I  try  and  work  out  the  radius of some of  my  bends  ( used  scarm and it  appears   to  fit )

like I've  explained  most  will  be  flexi  track      layout  is  1  metre  by  1,95   metre s  ????????

paul

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 09:37:30 PM »
In SCARM you can see measurements in mm across the top and down the side. By using those you can see in what distance your curve travels and so work out the radius e.g. if you had a 180 degree curve in a space of 620mm deep you could, theoretically, have a 12" radius.

Offline paulbeckwith

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 05:43:28 AM »

thankyou  sir

paul

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00