!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Trewoon Junction and Pentewan (for Mevagissey)  (Read 9228 times)

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Trewoon Junction and Pentewan (for Mevagissey)
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2020, 11:50:04 AM »
Thatía all looking really good.
Keep the photographs coming please
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Hailstone

• N Gauge Society Number: 17138
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: Yesterday at 11:21:51 PM »
On Wednesday I had the pleasure of taking a trip to Tooting, specifically Jane's Trains who had the Metcalfe kits that I needed to carry on the construction of the scenic break and the missing retaining walls and single track tunnel mouth entrance were built on Thursday starting in the afternoon after spending the morning at the Epping Ongar railway on track maintenance.
Friday was spent (playing) Testing the new Thompson coaches, and very nice they are too, and on Saturday I got on with the scenic break, having decided that I would be built in 3 separate sections that could be removed should I have to move the layout. the first section was the raised roadway across the terminal station board

I used a combination of balsa wood and some of the original expanded polystyrene to make 3 robust structures, the other 2 being the roadway down to the coal yard and the raised roadway above the entrance to the fiddle yard

there are now only a few bits to do, largely adding parapet walls and pedestrian pavement, but I am pleased with the way it has turned out

Even as it is the new scenic break is a vast improvement on the previous structure

Regards,

Alex

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: Yesterday at 11:29:58 PM »
Stunning. They first in  real well. Something to show off on wednesday alex to west berks

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: Today at 07:45:54 AM »
Looking really good.
You are obviously a fan of Metcalfe kits which work really well on your layout.

Martin
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Online Nbodger

• N Gauge Society Number: 8788
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: Today at 08:02:17 AM »
Alex,

That does look really good, itís amazing these days what you can achieve with Metcalfe kits and a little bit of thought.

Stay safe

Mike H  8)

Online Train Waiting

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: Today at 08:45:22 AM »
That looks absolutely splendid, Alex.  A proper job!

The balsa, polystyrene and card are, I expect, rather lighter than the materials you work with on the Epping Ongar Railway!  I've not visited this line yet, but I look forward to going some time.  I understand that there are interesting steam locomotives there.

Finally, thank you for the photographs of your layout and please keep them coming.

Best wishes.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
July Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal