!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: WD 50T-Warflats  (Read 401 times)

Offline Melchi

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: WD 50T-Warflats
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 09:28:52 AM »
After a slight setback meaning I was unable to generate any files to print (catastrophic hard drive failure on my PC) I am now back up and running and have finished the first of the Warflats.  Thankfully none of my files were on the drive it was just the programs that were lost.

The bogies attach to the bodies using push fit pins (already painted black) and the fit has come out great so there is no need to glue them in which will be great if the bogies need to be removed at any point.

I've tested this one on my layout and it runs smoothly over pointwork and radius 2 turns. Its a little on the light side without the tank on it but not enough to cause notable issues.

I have 2 more on the printer and will hopefully get to run these round my club track soon.  Its a good test of any rolling stock because it has an 8 level helix in it.
(I live only 2 minutes walk away from the clubhouse and have been calling in every so often as the sole visitor to check all is well so there is no breach of the lockdown rules).

I hope to have some video of them running around soon.

Online emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 10:15:49 AM »
I'm intrigued. I know you and I have had a discussion about Old Wolverton a while back, what's the club and where is it located? (You can PM me if you'd rather not broadcast the location)

Any chance of a photo of the helix in location? Sounds very interesting.

Your Warflats really are looking great.
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Offline stevewalker

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2020, 02:47:06 PM »
Looking very good. Are you going to make your designs available to others at all?

Offline Melchi

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 04:52:43 PM »
In regards to the 3D files or actual prints, I am not sure about that one yet?

My initial thinking was if the models came out to a standard I am happy with I would be open to putting together a kit comprised of the prints along with the wheels and couplings if anyone was interested (maybe not so much with the warflats due to the N gauge society's offering).

I managed to get up to the club house yesterday and took a few videos of 3 warflats complete with Tanks running around.  Please excuse the choice of Loco, the loco I was planning to use threw its coupling rod and then promptly ran over it.... Regardless they ran very well with no derailments even over the pointwork.  They also handled the inner circuit of the helix well both in the up and down direction.

I apologies the camera work isn't great and the shots aren't the most interesting.

Time to crack out the airbrush and get one of these painted and finished.  I managed to get hold of some chain which looks to be the correct scale to represent the chains used to secure the tanks to the wagons.

Online emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 04:56:41 PM »
Nice wagons...

...nice tanks...

...nice helix...

...nice layout!

Next time I'm heading Wolverton way I'll have to see if I can blag a look-see.

Top work.
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP