!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Build Log for N gauge shuttle layout  (Read 802 times)

Online Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
Re: Build Log for N gauge shuttle layout
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2020, 04:02:52 AM »
I can't show the circuit of either, I guess, but you are quite correct. The text makes mention of the low input impedances at the grids and high output impedances at the anodes, so op amp buffers are used at both ends.

There are 3 OPA 1662AID dual op-amps and 1 LM358 dual op-amp all up in the pre-amp project. the latter is an 8 pin DIP package, but the others are SOIC-8 SMD packages.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline ronp849

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Build Log for N gauge shuttle layout
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2020, 12:08:28 PM »
Hi All

This is the next instalment of the build log. I have attached the PDF of the text and a PDF of the schematic.

If there are any parts that anyone wants expanding, then can you post a note on this thread and I will add it to the next issue. Talking of which, the next issue will include the operational turntable,  :laugh3: and full routing, including the TT. Is there any interest in how the auto routing works and if there is, how much detail do you want? Will you want the relevant software included in the description or would that be a TT bridge too far. :no:

Have fun

Ron

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £71.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
September Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal