!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Pre owned - German N gauge  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Euston

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Pre owned - German N gauge
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2020, 05:12:31 PM »
@mika

Thanks for that much appreciated

Do you have a link to that ice t on Germany ?

As I couldn't find them on eBay

Many thanks

Offline mika

• Awards
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2020, 05:14:21 PM »
I seem to be struggling with links today :confused1:
Should be sorted now.

Offline Euston

• Awards
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2020, 05:18:11 PM »
@mika

Thanks so much, I really really appreciate it

I have message them hopefully they will post to the UK many thanks

Offline mika

• Awards
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2020, 05:22:22 PM »
You're welcome.

Remember, though, that it's just the basic set. You would need 4 add-on carriages to form the prototypical class 411 set. I run mine as a short class 415, which has only 5 cars. It is not a correct representation as there are differences between the two versions, but I don't have the space for the 411...

Offline Euston

• Awards
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2020, 05:26:41 PM »
@mika

Thanks,

Yes that's fine, I'm not looking to run exact prototypical either due to space so a 5/6 car coach train is the limit so I'm happy with that

Besides I'm still learning about German railways so all my trains probably won't look right until I have better understand

I just purchased a Lilliput railbus for £130 posted to the UK which is not too bad

Offline Euston

• Awards
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2020, 03:20:57 AM »
@mika

Thanks for sending the link to the German seller on eBay regarding the ICE T

He agreed to post to the UK, and I purchased it but I actually got a little caught out as I wasn't aware of levi tax duty ? something along those lines anyway

It cost me in the end £245, I thought I was going to get it for £210, didn't want to mess the seller about so just sent the payment, more than I would of liked to pay, but apparently these are quite rare and sought after

Next of my list is minitrix class 468 in DB red, these also seem hard to find

Offline mika

• Awards
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2020, 09:04:41 PM »
Good that you finally got one. I hope it's agood runner and you're happy with it.

I have to admit that I have no idea of which taxes would have to be paid  :-\
I remember, however, that I paid a little fortune when I baught mine back in 2002 or 2003...

Best,
Michael :)

Offline Euston

• Awards
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2020, 10:52:35 PM »
@mika

Thanks mate, I appreciate it

And very much looking forward to getting it

I will need to purchase 3 extra coaches at some point if possible

But I worry that I have bought too much of different stock in various eras and with my knowledge of German railways extremely limited, it can be very difficult

I'm watching plenty of YouTube videos to get a better understanding, when everything gets delivered, I was hoping to post on here all of the stock I have purchased and yourself and others maybe able to help me identify my stock a bit better

So you have had your ice T a long time, has it always run ok ? Have you ever had any problems with it ?

Also if you get the chance, a pic of it with the coaches would be great and possibly a pic of your layout if you don't mind that is

Many thanks

Offline mika

• Awards
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2020, 09:35:02 PM »
Never had any problems with it; always a reliable runner.
Coupling can be a PITA, though  :worried:

I will post a photo of my pseudo-415 in due course. Until then you can have a look at my layout thread (which has not been updated for quite a long time...).

Also, to give you some ideas: bahnbilder.de

Best,
Michael

Offline PhStorey

• Awards
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2020, 08:01:20 PM »
Dear Euston,
Take a look at the auction site Catawiki. They have just about taken over the second hand N and other scale market in the Netherlands.
see: https://www.catawiki.com/a/351481-model-train-auction-gauge-1-0-g
KR
Phillip
PS dont forget the auction charges when bidding :hmmm:

Offline Les1952

• N Gauge Society Number: 9060
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2020, 11:27:15 PM »
Dear Euston,
Take a look at the auction site Catawiki. They have just about taken over the second hand N and other scale market in the Netherlands.
see: https://www.catawiki.com/a/351481-model-train-auction-gauge-1-0-g
KR
Phillip
PS dont forget the auction charges when bidding :hmmm:

Looking at Catawiki the big drawback to that site is that it doesn't support PayPal, which is my primary method of paying for Continental stuff - especially as my bank just threw me an exorbitant transaction handling charge for buying stuff from Germany in March.  When I queried why I didn't get charged for a similar transaction in November the reply was "in November we were still in the EU"....

They also did the exchange at the least favourable rate they could find, rather than PayPal's "rate on the day".  I Know I get charged 5% to accept money by PayPal but this one charge from the Bank is about 6 months PayPal fees in one go.   

Buyers beware.

Les

Offline Les1952

• N Gauge Society Number: 9060
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2020, 11:41:07 PM »
another name that popped into my head when i started reading this---Steve Rabone--? i bought a fair bit of german n gauge from him wayyy back.  is he still around ?

You weren't the only one.  In the seventies I lived about three streets away from him and visited his house a couple of times.

He retired from trading quite a few years ago I believe, though he still models German, in S gauge (as well as some interesting Midland models).  He has a thread on RMWeb (if we are allowed to use that word here) describing how he makes them.

Contikits are reliable, though when using their lists I suggest looking pictures of the items up online before giving them a ring.   I use DMToys.de/Modellbahn Union quite a bit thiough they are not the cheapest.

All the very best
Les

Offline Foxhound

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 29454
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2020, 02:28:12 PM »
Having only recently invested in pre-owned German N (V200, 218) I will agree with previous posters and say UK pricing is erratic. I have had some absolute bargains from  Buckie Model Centre and Scograil though so happy to sing their praises if that's allowed here.
Would love to find a DC only NT12.5 unit but don't know if such a thing exists and the price of a new DCC one appears terrifying.
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Offline Hiawatha

• Awards
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2020, 12:22:22 PM »
Would love to find a DC only NT12.5 unit but don't know if such a thing exists and the price of a new DCC one appears terrifying.

Do you mean the VT 12.5 DMU? If so, then yes, this was produced by Fleischmann about ten years ago.
VT 12.5 ep. III was 741201, or as BR 612 ep. IV, 741202. These are the numbers for the DC-only versions (DCC with sound are 741271 and -72).
Peter

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2020, 01:57:36 PM »
I don't have one but I would expect the Fleischmann VT12.5 is up to their usual level of quality.

I do have a Minitrain VT08 which is similar and related to the VT12.5 I believe. For an ex-Lima item it's actually really nice and smooth and reliable, it has a can motor driving one bogie (not the cheap Lima "pancake" motor brick).   It's certainly good enough to be left to do its thing on my automated shuttle system. 

Still later this became part of the Arnold range and was further improved, so I'd go for one of those over the Minitrain model if the opportunity arises.

http://miba.de/mibatest/arn_vt08.htm

Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £71.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
September Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal