!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Eaglescliffe (Circa early 80's)  (Read 396 times)

Online degsy_safc

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Eaglescliffe (Circa early 80's)
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2020, 11:45:04 PM »

Hope this works. Still unable to post it the right way up :doh:

Wow John thatís some size layout.

Canít wait to see you develop this - a few years ago about 2012, I used to travel to kings cross every week on the grand central, picked up my boss at Thorpe Thewles and weíd join the train at Eaglescliffe to travel together.

Canít really remember much about the station or itís layout - but I do remember that the junction to turn into it is almost opposite the entrance to Preston Park.

Cheers Derek
Cheers Derek

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2020, 11:50:32 PM »
I don't remember getting on a DMU one night at Teeside Airport in 1973 to go to Stockton, but I DO remember waking up at Redcar.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Online degsy_safc

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2020, 11:56:39 PM »
I don't remember getting on a DMU one night at Teeside Airport in 1973 to go to Stockton, but I DO remember waking up at Redcar.  :beers:

Love it George hahaha

:beers: :beers:
Cheers Derek

Offline Jonner

• N Gauge Society Number: 13878
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2020, 08:04:15 AM »
Hi,

As I already have the timber/plywood up in the loft I should be able to get the baseboards started in the next day or two. I just have to sharpen/dust the tools off
and hope the weather stays dry.

If I can improve on my earlier attempts I will hopefully try posting some pictures of my progress.

As for falling asleep on a train I nearly succumb to the same fate travelling after a night out from Brighton to Three Bridges back in the late 80's
however being part of a group gives you more favourable odds of someone waking up at the crucial time.

Yes the station makes a good alternative to Darlington for a London train and your correct about the station approach road being very close to Preston Park

Cheers

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal