!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Lockdown, farish 150 and an awful lot of filler  (Read 468 times)

Offline Highland Handlebar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22701
    • Awards
Re: Lockdown, farish 150 and an awful lot of filler
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2020, 07:03:34 PM »
The biggest problem was the lack of drawings. I had to use photos and fuzzy stills from a YouTube video to get the measurements

Offline Jollybob

• N Gauge Society Number: 22210
  • WD fan in the heart of the GWR
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2020, 11:31:09 PM »
The 210 looks great, I've always liked this as it use to operate around my neck of the woods.
How did you build it?

Rob.  :claphappy:

Offline Highland Handlebar

• N Gauge Society Number: 22701
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2020, 12:26:58 AM »
Two farish 150s  I started by removing the top lites from the glazing making sure the horizontal bar remained in place. I then backed the windows to the same depth with 5thou plasticard and used filler to infill the portions which were to have the aluminium vents some windows and a door had to be filled completely. I then cut a window halfway between the cab door and the middle window on the offside. The roof detail was that from an old Hst body shell as were the Louvres on the nearside. The toilet windows were cut to normal window size and the top bits filled as before. The ends are ultima/etched pixels 317  ends and the whe vents on the inner coach ends are archer louvred transfers. The centre coach was made from 2 body shells cut at the middle of a pair of sliding doors(care to keep it square across the roof) the seam was carefully filled. The ally vents at the top of the windows were from fox transfers (aluminium strip bus transfers)which were applied after painting and then the black lines to highlight the rubber door strips and the open ventilators were made from fox black lining . I hope that didnt get too muddled .

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal