!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Model Rail Scotland SEC Glasgow 21 to 23 February 2020  (Read 992 times)

Offline CaleyDave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Model Rail Scotland SEC Glasgow 21 to 23 February 2020
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 07:49:04 PM »

Got delayed from going on Friday to Sunday so unfortunately the special containers were gone and I didn't see anything I fancied for sale to take home there and then.

The was a good selection of layouts, felt like quite a lot of N (but I was seeking them out) as well as a couple of partially complete and demonstration layouts which are always fascinating (but then i spend more time trying to peer into the fiddle yards of some of the layouts!)

The Bridge at Remagen and I believe another N gauge layout both won awards to well done to them.

There were quite a few layouts which whilst subjects I would not normally be interested in, got my mind racing. Ones which really sparked my interest were the circular layouts like:
California Surfline (which had an inside hidden storage loop and outside 360 scenic loop) was one and aptly named "The Circle line" was the other.
Was making scribbled on the train home as a layout idea I had in my head but couldn't make work suddenly made a lot of sense. Coming back with new ideas has got to be a big winner!

A Scotrail HST will be getting pre-ordered from KMS and if they do get traction with their modern image O gauge I fear a mk3 catering car will be ordered for display (love a mk3!). 
Whilst I didn't see any at the show some of the new class 26's from Dapol were out this weekend.

Online Pete @ EGLM

• N Gauge Society Number: 7447
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2020, 11:37:40 PM »
Had a great day there on Friday with Stu from EGDL. It’s a great exhibition- so much more relaxed, and with more space than Warley.  Some excellent layouts. A OO gauge layout- Hornsby Broadway (North London ECML LATE 60s, early 70s was my favourite.  Law Junction was as usual, inspirational.  Met lots of people, got my transfers for the Realtrack Models Castle Cement PCAs. Bought some more HOAs from Revolution to keep me going until the postie brings me my shipping order🤣, and had an excellent evening out in Glasgow. Early start back to Wokingham via Liverpool, York, (68 across the Pennines) and 180 back to Kings Cross.  Thanks Stu for organising and thanks to our ladies for meeting us in London and guiding us home!
Pete @ EGLM

Offline GB No.9

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2020, 10:18:46 PM »

Got delayed from going on Friday to Sunday so unfortunately the special containers were gone and I didn't see anything I fancied for sale to take home there and then.

The was a good selection of layouts, felt like quite a lot of N (but I was seeking them out) as well as a couple of partially complete and demonstration layouts which are always fascinating (but then i spend more time trying to peer into the fiddle yards of some of the layouts!)

The Bridge at Remagen and I believe another N gauge layout both won awards to well done to them.

There were quite a few layouts which whilst subjects I would not normally be interested in, got my mind racing. Ones which really sparked my interest were the circular layouts like:
California Surfline (which had an inside hidden storage loop and outside 360 scenic loop) was one and aptly named "The Circle line" was the other.
Was making scribbled on the train home as a layout idea I had in my head but couldn't make work suddenly made a lot of sense. Coming back with new ideas has got to be a big winner!

A Scotrail HST will be getting pre-ordered from KMS and if they do get traction with their modern image O gauge I fear a mk3 catering car will be ordered for display (love a mk3!). 
Whilst I didn't see any at the show some of the new class 26's from Dapol were out this weekend.

Bridge at Remargen (n gauge) won best visiting layout
Scarlington (n gauge) won 2nd place in the same category
And Law Junction (n gauge) was awarded best Association layout
So a good show for the n gauges
👍👍👍 :claphappy: :claphappy: :bounce:
"I have a cunning plan.............. so cunning you could put whiskers on it and call it a fox"

North of England Line  (aka Scarworth Junction)
North of England Line 2 (Scarlington )

Offline GB No.9

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2020, 10:21:52 PM »
P.s. Thank you to the show organisers for our invitation. The Scarlington team had a great weekend.  We enjoyed it very much.
 :thankyousign:
"I have a cunning plan.............. so cunning you could put whiskers on it and call it a fox"

North of England Line  (aka Scarworth Junction)
North of England Line 2 (Scarlington )

Offline Luke Piewalker

• Trade Count: (+5)
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2020, 06:56:26 PM »
All well deserved as all outstanding layouts.

Offline Calnefoxile

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 13399
  • 2mm Association Number: 5004
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2020, 04:50:03 PM »

I've been meaning to upload these for ages, so please bear with me as I bore you all to death with the photos of N Gauge stuff I took at Model Rail Scotland.

If you're on the NGF Facebook group, then you've seen these all already.

Hopefully you weren't too bored  ;) ;) ;)

Cheers

Neal.

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2020, 09:12:00 PM »
@Calnefoxile Many thanks for those pics, Neal. Some very recognisable layouts there but can you tell me which was the layout in pic 16 please? Looks like a circular one maybe based on the old Mini MSW.
I really do need to see Scarlington in the flesh as well.

Online ScottishModeller

• N Gauge Society Number: 24524
  • 2mm Association Number: 4622
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2020, 09:30:32 PM »
@Calnefoxile Many thanks for those pics, Neal. Some very recognisable layouts there but can you tell me which was the layout in pic 16 please? Looks like a circular one maybe based on the old Mini MSW.
I really do need to see Scarlington in the flesh as well.
Hi there,

That layout is 'The Circle Line' from Terry Tasker

Thanks,
Phil H
Thanks
Phil Holman

Online Merrylee

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2020, 09:32:16 PM »
Pic 15 and 16 are ‘the circle line’ by Terry Tasker

Was just a big donut with the operator in the middle, six road fiddle yard.

Don’t think there was a straight track anywhere.

Was a very good layout with trains, both passenger and freight always on the move.

Very inspirational.

Ron

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2020, 02:51:41 PM »
Thanks, Chaps. Without seeing him sat in the middle like Davros I couldn't be sure it was his layout.
Terry brought it to our first meet up in Bamber Bridge and I had to laugh at closing time as he just slung the circle over his shoulder and walked away ;D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £30.00
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal