!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Steinheim am Main  (Read 28828 times)

Offline chrispearce

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Steinheim am Main
« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2019, 12:34:43 AM »
This is another layout that inspired my own project (Maen Quarry Railway). Glad to see how the UK stock looks very much at home.  :thumbsup:
Some situations in life are like dairy cows. When you see 'em you just gotta milk 'em.

Offline GScaleBruce

• Hillhead & Dales Light Railway blog
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2019, 02:07:13 PM »
Small developments in the crossing keeper's garden. Added another figure, which I'd forgotten I'd got and which makes sense now the garden is getting more details, and added some more flowers. Continental Modeller were giving away some Busch flowers with the December issue; they're ok for our scale, I think. However, they did need a yellow centre rather than a green one... a bit fiddly... While I'd have preferred white daisies, these were a freebie, and I think they look ok. The glue's dried a bit glossy, so I may add some more flowers and then matt varnish the "earth".

Bruce
My layout - Steinheim am Main

Offline GScaleBruce

• Awards
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2020, 09:13:55 PM »
Random photo, experimenting with depth of field and featuring the new Piko BR 221 on the left...

Bruce

Offline GScaleBruce

• Awards
« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2020, 12:47:57 PM »
I've just realised that my photos from page 1 through to page 9 have gone missing :confused2: and only the more recent ones are still in the gallery. I thought everything had come across when the forum software was updated. Shame, as it renders this thread pretty useless as a history of Steinheim :(.
Bruce

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2020, 01:13:11 PM »
I've just realised that my photos from page 1 through to page 9 have gone missing :confused2: and only the more recent ones are still in the gallery. I thought everything had come across when the forum software was updated. Shame, as it renders this thread pretty useless as a history of Steinheim :(.
Can you re-upload them to the gallery?
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline GScaleBruce

• Awards
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2020, 10:19:18 PM »
Think I need to do a bit of digging around first. While I thought they had been saved to the gallery, an analysis of some of the links suggests they were on Google, not here, so perhaps the issue has nothing to do with the forum after all :-[.
Bruce

Offline GScaleBruce

• Awards
« Reply #171 on: February 01, 2020, 01:44:14 PM »
Think I need to do a bit of digging around first. While I thought they had been saved to the gallery, an analysis of some of the links suggests they were on Google, not here, so perhaps the issue has nothing to do with the forum after all :-[.
Many of the early photos were hosted on Google Picasa. When this was phased out by Google, images were transferred to Google Photos but the links were retained. However, it was no longer possible to "host" new images on Google Photos in the same way, and I then started to upload my photos to the forum's own gallery. A few years have passed since then, and I recently tidied up my Google account as I was getting close to the limit on free hosting... and deleted some old n gauge photos, thinking that it didn't matter because I had the originals on my computer :-[. By this time I'd completely forgotten about Google Picasa; but of course when the photos were deleted, the images disappeared from on here.

Anyway, with one exception, I've located the missing images, resized them, uploaded them to the gallery here and re-inserted them. There's one missing photo, and of course any quotes now don't pick up the missing image, but apart from that, the story of Steinheim is restored. Perhaps a slightly pointless labour of love, but this is my build log, so to speak.
Bruce

Offline GScaleBruce

• Awards
« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2020, 11:34:57 AM »
The occasional addition of random scenic items continues... a couple (more) Artitec items slipped into the order from DM-Toys for some more rolling stock, recently reported on the Continental Rolling stock thread. I do like the Artitec models - not cheap, it may be said, but beautifully finished, with just the right touch of weathering...

The cross is extremely filigree and delicate. it actually moves within its socket, which I initially thought would be a problem but it does help if the place where it's going to sit isn't entirely level... which on a mountainside, it rarely is. I rather love the wayside shrines to be found in the more Catholic parts of Germany, and this cross adds a little of that flavour.

The second item is a fork lift truck for the carriage depot and parcels dock. Again by Artitec and very detailed for such a tiny model.

These two items, while requiring zero modelling skill on my part, have been a slightly more satisfying project that the DM-Toys dilapidated shed kit reported a page back that hasn't actually made it onto the layout.
Bruce

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal