!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: I uploaded to YouTube my N scale train video again after 2 years  (Read 480 times)

Offline trainstrainstrains

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
I uploaded to YouTube my N scale train video again after 2 years
« on: February 11, 2020, 03:30:51 AM »
Very late indeed but perhaps it's never to late. Three days ago I uploaded my N scale train video again after 2 years, I hope this time it will not be taken down as quickly as the last time. As some of you may remember the last time I uploaded it, it was taken down because it had music that I had no permission to use, I was so naive I thought it wouldn’t matter. I have substituted the forbidden music with music I've composed myself.  Since it has not been taken down yet I'm beginning to think and hope it will stay permanently.
In YouTube I selected the setting made for kids because I thought it meant that kids could ALSO watch it. I find the whole new YouTube rule is so confusing it seems safer to leave it this way but I will miss the YouTube comments . I hope to get some comments here.
Here is the new Link. https://youtu.be/Tn7kUK00Ptw

Offline jml3p

• N Gauge Society Number: 29041
    • Awards
Re: I uploaded to YouTube my N scale train video again after 2 years
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 09:29:11 AM »
Fantastic and charming, beautifully put together. :thankyousign:

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 10:10:59 AM »
Some remarkable stock, and you obviously have great confidence nothing will fall :goggleeyes:
I have no knowledge of YouTube but suspect if other composers music is used without consent the Performing Rights folk might get involved :hmmm:
@Lawrence  check out the B & O mallet at about 16.20 c/w hobos riding the freight car :)

Offline Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 07:33:12 PM »
Thanks to Mick @Newportnobby  for the heads up on this, I have only ever seen that white & blue B&O stock car once before and that is because Mick sent one one for my birthday a few years ago (love the hobos by the way). What can I say @trainstrainstrains I don't recall ever seeing such an eclectic mix of stock nor such ingenious layout building. There will be those that bemoan the lack of scenic work but I think it is a tremendous effort, not only in the construction of the layout but also in the construction of the video, I can only applaud you  :claphappy: :claphappy:
Not to mention the rather attractive finale, such things are always a pleasure  ;)

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 06:35:19 PM »
Thanks everyone.

Offline Trainfish

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21524
  • IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • My layout, Longcroft under construction
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 03:08:56 AM »
...............the last time I uploaded it, it was taken down because it had music that I had no permission to use.........

I have music on all of my videos and have never asked David Gilmour or Roger Waters for permission  :goggleeyes:
John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 06:36:53 PM »
Extraordinary layout you are working on trainfish.  Like so many things ( it is my personal opinion ) more fun while you're creating than when you're done. The creative process is more rewarding than having and playing with the final product. So more power to you for keeping building. I love the music on your videos. I myself tried to use music that had some relevance to the particular trains on the scene.  My big mistake on the original video was using music by the likes of  Hans Zimmer,  that is by big time active film music composers very garded by professionals against copyright infringement.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 07:02:24 PM by trainstrainstrains »

Offline OffshoreAlan

• N Gauge Society Number: 26950
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 09:59:39 PM »
A delightful little video and some equally delightful little (and not so little) trains, thank you for sharing it.  :thankyousign:

Offline Trainfish

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21524
  • IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • My layout, Longcroft under construction
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 03:16:34 PM »
Extraordinary layout you are working on trainfish.  Like so many things ( it is my personal opinion ) more fun while you're creating than when you're done. The creative process is more rewarding than having and playing with the final product. So more power to you for keeping building. I love the music on your videos. I myself tried to use music that had some relevance to the particular trains on the scene.  My big mistake on the original video was using music by the likes of  Hans Zimmer,  that is by big time active film music composers very garded by professionals against copyright infringement.

Thanks. Mine is quite a large layout and I doubt it will ever be finished partly due to the size, partly to do with me being a slow worker and the biggest part is that I keep changing my mnd on what I want to do  :o
John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £35.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
58% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal