!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Cala Cuina (a small Southern European layout)  (Read 889 times)

Online cornish yorkie

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Cala Cuina (a small Southern European layout)
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2020, 02:32:23 PM »
I like this a lot.
Indeed the look of the Unitrack impressed me enough to order a circle of the stuff from Hattons; which arrived this morning.
Now I can run-in some locos and then probably make a "pizza style" more permanent scenic circle.
 :thankyousign:
:hellosign:
 Good choice, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Unitrack
    stay safe regards Derek

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2020, 12:30:57 AM »
Hi all,

Have been doing more of the plaster bandaging although it doesn't look much in the pics. Am trying to keep it not too messy and I can't fix the two main tunnel portal bits permanently and therefore incorporate the mod roc as the track sides aren't ballasted yet because all that stuff is upstairs.

Started to move along from the tunnel in front of the sky. Have stopped as this will continue with low rocks (which are also upstairs  :doh:) but will eventually mask the sea to sky join. The grey area will be made slightly bigger and have some sort of hostelry....

20200522_203046 by Christopher Weaver, on Flickr

Have put a large rock on the left hand side to hide the sea/sky join from the main viewing area but obviously forward of the backscene so the sea and small fishing boats can get into the cove. The cork bit in front of the rock will be expanded to make a docking area for small traditional Catalan fishing boats....

20200522_202820 (3) by Christopher Weaver, on Flickr

Will eventually join the rock and the tunnel box plateau although still thinking what to put above the tunnel....

20200522_204311 (1) by Christopher Weaver, on Flickr

Pic of nearly where the viewing area will be (had to reach over as the layout won't be where it is now and I can't move it at the moment). Also, the sea is a bigger area than it looks here compared to the beach....

20200522_202918 by Christopher Weaver, on Flickr

Finally a train pic. Found a bit more French stuff so here we see the Izaro - Paris Gare d'Austerlitz Night Sleeper + garish postal van via Toulouse and Limoges headed by an SNCF BB 67400 from Pont Castell some time in the '80s....

20200522_202639 (1) by Christopher Weaver, on Flickr

20200522_202706 by Christopher Weaver, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Cheers weave  :beers:

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 12:43:46 AM by weave »

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2020, 01:13:39 AM »
Looking really good.  :thumbsup:

My knowledge of French locomotives ain't good, but that's a nice locomotive.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Online cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2020, 01:26:09 PM »
Looking really good.  :thumbsup:
 :hellosign:  :greatpicturessign:
  Must agree steady progress Chris.
   stay safe regards Derek.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158%