!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Clifton Wood the rebuild begins  (Read 4883 times)

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+6)
    • Awards
Re: Clifton Wood a biomass processing plant
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2020, 07:42:06 PM »
I kit bashed it Martin from a Komatsu PC300 and a mobile crane, it is on my Workbench thread what i did with the 2 to create this.

I spoke to 3 different 3d printing companies who I sent decent drawings and measurements of a Liebheer LH80 log handler and all 3 reckoned it could be done but let me down so I was luckily sold some decent n gauge construction models by a good friend and cobbled my own together, I still need to build the log grab to finish it

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2020, 07:50:28 PM »
I kit bashed it Martin from a Komatsu PC300 and a mobile crane, it is on my Workbench thread what i did with the 2 to create this.

I spoke to 3 different 3d printing companies who I sent decent drawings and measurements of a Liebheer LH80 log handler and all 3 reckoned it could be done but let me down so I was luckily sold some decent n gauge construction models by a good friend and cobbled my own together, I still need to build the log grab to finish it
Thanks Craig. Iíll look up that thread.
A few of us are building a new layout at our club which will include some sort of timber yard (itís early days at the mo) and weíre looking for something like your crane.
Martin

If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2020, 08:10:30 PM »
Komatsu pc300 LC trackbed excavator made by tomytec? Have you checked : miniature-construction-world.co.uk?

Online cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2020, 09:11:45 PM »
 :hellosign:  :greatpicturessign:
     Thanks for the updates Craig, looking good.  :thumbsup:
     regards Derek

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+36)
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2020, 11:37:01 PM »
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2020, 06:13:04 PM »
Finally the last building structure has been added to the north end of Clifton Wood.

This is the biggest of the 3 buildings and is where the blended biomass is loaded into the Drax hopper wagons. This was done simply because I have no way of modelling the hoppers open for loading. There was no way these were going to be loaded by front loaders because it would simply take too much time even with a 7tonne capacity bucket.

Still lighting, signage and the most important part of the process to be added but that's currently going through final planning stage now the building is in the right place.

53 ewes left to lamb and then finally I'll be able to get some time to get some of the outstanding time consuming jobs sorted.

Underboard wiring and the backscene being the most important.

Offline crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2020, 06:26:47 PM »
Always the best layouts take time to produce. Even with work, life. World events going on, always its pleasant to see layouts of this calibre taking ones ' mind off life

Online cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2020, 08:12:15 PM »
 :hellosign:  :greatpicturessign:

Always the best layouts take time to produce. Even with work, life. World events going on, always its pleasant to see layouts of this calibre taking ones ' mind off life
Got to agree.   :thumbsup:
      regards Derek

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2020, 10:43:13 PM »
Clifton Wood at Dusk, a few street lamps left to wire up but building and yard lights are now all installed

Sorry I cant rotate for some reason  :dunce:

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+36)
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2020, 12:25:21 AM »
Sorry I cant rotate for some reason  :dunce:

must be all that lambing  :smiley-laughing:
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2020, 09:51:34 AM »
Well the loading shed is now complete with lights and signage.

Not knowing IF the Restricted Width signs were used on private buildings I thought I'd add them anyway. The door width is quite tight for the Biomass Hoppers, it's almost like I made it to fit  :hmmm:

The other door is to allow front loaders in to shovel everything about and load bulk tipper artics. On this door opening I've painted the reveals bright yellow and added wasp stripe warning plates.

The signage on the right side is for the plant drivers so we have a SOUND HORN DRIVE SLOWLY sign above a red DRIVERS BEWARE PEDESTRIANS.

On the left hand side we have the yellow tube and clamp fencing (yet to be fixed hence the awful angle) as this is the safe pedestrian access we have the typical PPE sign above sits a CAUTION MOVING VEHICLES and above that sits another SOUND HORN DRIVE SAFELY just incase the plant operator cant read the other side!!!!

The fencing at the back of the layout is now complete and a few trees to add before the backscene can be set up, I've got to get creative to enable the road over the level crossing to disappear through the wood but my brother in law is a bit more techy then me and reckons he can achieve such a thing  :-[ :o

The layout then gets to be spun back around to see what it's meant to look like from the viewing side!!

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2020, 01:50:46 PM »
It's really quite hard to give well detailed pictures of the layout so you can see what's actually there. The human eye sees it but the camera lens doesnt catch it all in focus.

All security fencing has now been painted and fixed so the layout has now been spun round so the backscene is actually at the back!!

I'm hoping to get the last structural part of the layout finished this week so the last few lights can be fitted and the wiring can then be finally done properly rather then loads of crocodile clips to lots of bits of wire.

Offline crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2020, 01:55:20 PM »
Looking good craig. Signage in n gauge looks tiny needs a microscope but very realistic.

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2020, 11:24:25 AM »
Still struggling to get the last structural part of Clifton Wood complete  :censored:

So to give me a break from that I've been populating the vehicles and plant.

As with most places these days every person through the gate has to be in full orange hi vis gear, all drivers who pass over the weighbridge have to be wearing it until they come back to either the truck park or leave the site.

This has made it quite easy in that I've had to paint uniforms on 2 drivers rather then orange suits.

Offline crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2020, 11:26:08 AM »
Incredibly realistic. Craig you using lifecolor to paint those figures ?

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal