!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Clifton Wood the rebuild begins  (Read 4881 times)

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+6)
    • Awards
Re: Clifton Wood the rebuild begins
« Reply #225 on: Yesterday at 08:44:04 PM »
@chrism yes it genuinely is the shed I built for the layout, none of ours are that big to blag you it's a model  :no:

@class37025 , I wasnt going to put this picture up as the paint bleed under the sheet cladding!!

Offline jpendle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23638
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: Yesterday at 09:17:25 PM »
As ever thoughts and comments, positive and especially negative welcome!!!

Personally I think it looks bl@@dy awful, a toddler could do better.

Well you did ask  :bounce:

Everything looks superb as ever, I hope my stuff turns out half as good as that.
I would think about tidying up the ballast from the concrete apron though, most private sidings have very little, as loco speeds are so low.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: Yesterday at 09:25:03 PM »
Thanks @jpendle thanks for all the help with the wiring and juicer it all works  :claphappy:

It's meant to be Wood chippings from the unloading of the log wagons  :-[

Offline dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: Yesterday at 10:01:09 PM »
Fancy not knowing your ballast from your chippings!  ;D
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+36)
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: Today at 09:43:20 AM »
nice to know you are human, and can make the very odd minor mistake.

better get a painter up a ladder before the site manager sees it  :)
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: Today at 11:33:23 AM »
The last major structural piece of Clifton Wood has now been temporarily installed.

This is the enclosed conveyor belt that climbs from the processing shed into the new storage and loading shed. It is 980mm overall and the 850mm level section is now all 1 piece!!!

The previous rendition I simply glued the legs to the board but with some learnt knowledge this whole piece is removable, I drilled 1.5mm holes into the baseboard at the angles of the legs and then I have a 2.2mm socket, it looks like a beefed up section on the bottom of steel legs and these slide over the top of the sockets and hold it all in place!! It has worked surprisingly well.

The beginnings of the safe walkway to and from each shed have been marked out with yellow safety lines and tube and clamp fencing. This is just galvanised with the yellow ends to denote caution!!!! The street lights have now been added along this section.

We have now been left with a section of concrete between the walkway and service road, this will now be used for drivers to strap cover sheets or tidy away their straps before parking up or leaving site! Almost like I'd planned it  :-[

I'm sure someone going to wait till the end of this build and tell me they work either for AW Jenkinson or at a log / biomass plant and EVERYTHING is wrong and wouldnt be worked like this  :'(

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: Today at 06:25:00 PM »
Whilst researching AW Jenkinson it was discovered that they own a skip company that go under the name of A&A Recycling Ltd, a good chunk of their work is pallet recycling so after creating a roll on of skip wagon and trailer, although in full AWJ livery this was to represent this part of the business

There is now a section of the yard devoted to skips and pallet recycling, there are a few roll on off skips to adorn the yard but one project today was to use up some 12yard skips I already had. This highlights one big missing truck on the fleet, a generic skip wagon, bit of a long term project that one as all the current N gauge offerings are horrendous against the magnificent oxford vehicles that grace the yard.

The load has been made from Model Rail Scenerys wonderful pallet kits, I have numerous packets of these so today 28 were built (the jig allows you to build 7 at a time) and 2 skips were roughly painted in A&A green (conveniently the same green as AWJ) with various attempts at rust and scratches

Once the load has set I'll give the skip a bit of a dusting over to try to make it look a bit better, worst case is its gets stuck in a corner of the yard waiting to be emptied!!!!

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal