!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Clifton Wood the rebuild begins  (Read 4886 times)

Offline rhysapthomas

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
Re: Clifton Wood a biomass processing plant
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2020, 11:46:41 AM »
Very nice project

What did you use to create the concrete base?

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+6)
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2020, 11:53:58 AM »
Ms Paint and a photocopier. All very basic stuff, technology passes me by but I drew out some single line rectangles based on dimensions our yards are cast in, then using the rattle can facility on a Windows XP laptop (state of the art) using shades of grey painted and painted, once 4 were done I just copied and pasted together, re drew the lines and printed an A4 sheet. These were then photocopied off using a £35 Canon ink jet, colour photocopies came out more purple yet the black and white version came out like this, 5 sheets joined together and cut round the rails, job done!!

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2020, 09:33:11 PM »
The hillside has now been taken upto the right height  to screen the fiddle yard behind. Most of the trees have been planted on that bank now.

The tunnel mouth has been finished and the tunnel lining actually glued in place, a few touches of weathering and that's done.

The track side grey hut that NR have at level crossings is in and the white fencing is currently in the spray booth.

The road surface through Clifton Wood has been laid, just the remaining road markings to be fitted. Have now got a Kato road sweeper so will try and be a bit creative with that  :hmmm:

Still struggling with lighting so the plan this week is to get the backscene sorted, the front valance made along with the lighting pelmet and hopefully it will frame the layout quite well  :-\

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2020, 07:29:12 PM »
Well finally a bit of progress on the buildings. These are to imitate modern concrete base steel topped industrial units, pretty identical to a couple of our newest barns.

Still some final prep work before paint but pretty impressed with how theyve transformed the layout.

The blending shed is to have a couple of additions to it along with conveyors running off scene, hopefully this can happen pretty soon now!!!

The truck maintenance shed was a bit out on my measurements so in order to be able to get a walking floor trailer inside I have jacked it up 4mm  :smackedface: again paint after a few tweeks.

The fencing around the level crossing has been worked out, I based this on the crossing at the end of our driveway using measurements I could obtain without trespassing!! Once the levels have been worked out these will be glued and weathered down a bit, the remaining ground cover will also be added.

Trackside boxes have been added, these will have a guard rail around them as they have to be worked 'back to the line' which apparently NR are working hard to limit if not outlaw fully.

Offline crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2020, 07:32:55 PM »
May be an additional touch would be security fencing near the railway line and associated signage near the level crossing
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:28:37 PM by crewearpley40 »

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 07:35:28 PM »
All in hand Chris, proper signage and distances all worked from our own crossing.

New security fencing on order to replace the stuff I'm not happy with

Offline crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2020, 07:37:05 PM »
Really coming along nicely. Exhibition standards craig eh ?

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2020, 07:42:23 PM »
Just trying to be realistic, its technically only my second layout but the desire to get everything as close to right as I know or can find out is how I aim to build it.

I'm not sure on that statement at all. It would be nice if people believed it to be that high but I'm not so sure!!

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2020, 08:22:20 PM »
Looks great to me! The hard standing area is superb.

Offline degsy_safc

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2020, 08:53:36 PM »
Brill,

Love the concrete apron, expansion joints look great. Also the road surface looks really good to me too  :thumbsup:

Cheers Derek
Cheers Derek

Offline crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2020, 08:57:57 PM »
The approach to the tunnel makes a super scenic break

Online Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2020, 09:12:33 PM »
Been keeping an eye on this and loving the detail that is popping up now. As somebody once said, it’s all very “coherent”  :thumbsup:

I would like to ask a question if I may ref the weigh bridge; it seems to be weighing lorries as they arrive, does this mean they arrive full? Do they then turn around and re-pass the weigh bridge before backing into the shed?

Sorry for a daft question, would like to understand the operation  :beers:

Skyline2uk

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2020, 09:29:44 PM »
@Skyline2uk, trying to make sure I get all the right detail in!!!

ALL walking floor trailers and logging trailers of which some will arrive HAVE to have self weighing abilities on board.

I have limited knowledge of most things and this is really no different, we have Tarmac currently quarrying sand and gravel on 100acres of our land and most of my plant and information obtained came from the quarry site.

They only have 1 weighbridge, everything they have installed has to be removed upon end of contract and the site left with the ability to return to farming within 5 years.

Clifton Wood is a processing plant for Biomass fuel, logs arrive by truck and rail and is shredded into chippings, the walking floor trailers are to bring in other chippings to be blended for fuel to be sent back out by rail in Drax biomass wagons.

Bulk tippers and walking floors will take woodchip off site for customers, loaded wagons can leave the site via the weighbridge.

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2020, 07:30:13 PM »
Not much time to get alot worth seeing done today, lack of sleep and the bitterly cold winds this week is starting to take its toll.

One thing that has been quite successful was the addition of the lighting to the blending shed. There will be internal floodlights added but these are just the exterior lights, now I've managed to set them up they will be on various different circuits just so not everything has to be on at once.

Excuse the trailing wires but I'd managed to get them from the bench to the layout without them flickering so once it was planted it was quickly photographed just incase!!!

Online cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2020, 10:35:36 PM »
 :hellosign:  :greatpicturessign:
   Looking really excellent Craig, nice attention to detail   :thumbsup:
       regards Derek.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00