!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: ditton ( - and the works )  (Read 9906 times)

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: ditton ( - and the works )
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2020, 03:14:41 PM »
Bank holiday monday. Still waiting for post and extra pieces to arrive for the chip's layout. So will be working quickly to have it to him by friday. Been building more card kits for it and waiting on glue to dry. Also track cleaning using graphite on ditton

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2020, 05:28:55 PM »
I've finished 4 earlies although working at home, so a quick nap, a snack  , I can thank jerry at freestone for guiding me through excellent town building scenes that can be easily cut and glued to form a townscape, backscene, so I've incorporated printed sheets. The advertiser paper offices, laundrette , cafe, newsagent , coop, toys and models shop, townhouses  similar to the ones I grew up with and of course a Victorian style built station. Will be also praising northwesternmodels as am using ground frame kits, belisha beacons  painted figures that are cheaper and more effective bulk pack of 20, phone boxes,   bus stop sign. More on that when I get out to buy pva

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2020, 05:33:01 PM »
Work in progress on the station x 2 as just need pva plus paint to arrive. Will update on scenics and street scene but after work to be completed

« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 05:34:25 PM by crewearpley40 »

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2020, 02:07:17 PM »
A bit of progress here. The layout I built for sir next door to mum has been sent and delivered despite some illness up there  , not mine . Mums well. The chap loves his layout, although it's been desanitized so had to avoid scenics. I had been lucky with track left over and an old board one myself I rescued out the loft after the refurb. Added with mick's load left over. A call to freestone and two retailers plus nw models, plus left overs in my scenic box inched slowly down the loft . So I found, lichen  , wood strips, polystyrene   , paint, bits of offcuts. I created the same track circuit as the one i built for sir. Added a right hand point unused i brought at stevenage.      I have cut strips for wood support, made a town square, station, goods facility. Darren @DarrwestLU6 kindly supplied tags. So before scenics soldered 35 cms wire between boards onto track feeds  lovely job on my disc back stress, then wired to the unused hm controller second set of terminals and to the track. Presto.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 02:17:03 PM by crewearpley40 »

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2020, 02:14:09 PM »
Two photos. Whoops. I'm not going to try to shift one. Your looking at where ditton junction heads west to hale bank  , that's towards the map left to right away from the controller. Round the bend to speke road. The station and the through road represent my take on the access to garston freight , the container terminal, halewood, Ford plant and garston junction. Without another 30 feet this is impossible and I don't have the space. I'm unable to post photos

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2020, 02:20:25 PM »
A snap
. A photo to support the text

Offline chrism

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • The Coniston Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2020, 03:22:57 PM »
Looking good, Chris.

And, as a bonus, I can see my house  ;)

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2020, 03:26:15 PM »
Thanks chris. Still got a long way to go. I'm planning to do some research on stock and structures from old photos. Most locos if not allerton based in 69 to 93 period were out based at arpley warrington but based at crewe or wigan springs branch.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 03:29:42 PM by crewearpley40 »

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2020, 03:39:56 PM »
Looking good, Chris.

And, as a bonus, I can see my house  ;)
And I could put a cross on that map where  our house is too.

The layout is looking good too Chris.
What is all that white and grey stuff on the baseboard which looks like youíve tried to scrub it off?
Iíll get round to fixing it drekkly me Ďansome.

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2020, 03:49:04 PM »
I wonder which house you two are in. Like the houses above shops I lived in during my time in allerton  , liverpool. Martin the attempt of a graphite pencil on paper to represent a road. The blooming hardware store owner did not open til late I mean 12 4 yesterday so no paint and I needed some grey paint for the flat as then i thought. Ah. I could do a job on garston village. I've used forest green shabby chic paint to do a hillside. Splodge on the village green
 Waiting for that to dry @port perran   , @chrism  then tomorrow, as off, 4 on  4 off railways, prepare the pavement and stones , benches, pond on the  village green, bus stop ,church , pub kits then finish the road. All waiting for paint to dry

Offline lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2020, 03:55:50 PM »
Aahh that old excuse waiting for the paint to dry, I am waiting for glue to dry...he...he.
Layout looking good,I was wondering what all that white and grey stuff was too but Martin has already asked the question.
Lil Chris
My new layout here, Irwell Valley Railway. https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47127.0

my old layout was East Lancashire Lines.

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2020, 03:58:58 PM »
I used graphite to start as the paint dried on other bits I've worked on then as I started the village green too, so with new paint decided need to paint over the graphite and let that dry. One more coat. Next week..... road signs, pavements, shop signs will be added

Offline chrism

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • The Coniston Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2020, 04:07:12 PM »
I wonder which house you two are in.

To be more accurate, I can't see my actual house but I can see the pixel upon which it sits - or, since it's on the wall, hangs  :D

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2020, 04:19:53 PM »
Especially for you chris. Strategically placed of course

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2020, 06:23:22 PM »
Apologies. I've had issues with uploading photos and quotes. I'm not good with technology. Here is a shot at reply ,#95. And ..... @Bob Tidbury especially for you. I've deleted a few in the gallery accidentally

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £71.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
September Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal