!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: ditton ( - and the works )  (Read 4416 times)

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: ditton ( - and the works )
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2020, 04:00:44 PM »
Low relief houses glued to strip of wood, and added an extra timber frame to support backscene and after 3 false moves owing to new lighting which makes the difference. I'm currently adding warehouse kits, low relief. More green paint round scenics

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2020, 04:07:48 PM »
Onto a third day and a trip out as emergency to relieve a colleague who had received an emergency call from home  back home feeling good. My exercise to walk from the station 1 mile home.... canal made curved card  foam pieces, brown, green paint. Day 5 dried, added lichen I found, stones, some deadwood. Will report back this is the stretch of line to widnes.

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2020, 04:56:18 PM »
Sunday. Chilling at home before the 9 4 shift working home. May have to help elsewhere. But life goes on. I'm waiting for a few parts to arrive, so went to see mother at her home, sort her box on the wall . Shes asleep. Get told by the nurse who looks after her at the supported care home, charge nurse would love a word
 Ok. Have to wait in the reception. Fair enough. Neighbour is 70 plus, wanders around and a bit of a pain, but he has a farish tank loco, 2 mk1s, 5 trucks no track. I've come up with a plan. To help provide him stimulation, relaxation  see his trains go round, I've ordered scenics, track pins, and after a couple of conversations secured a secondhand pat tested h and m control and @Newportnobby , thanks mick , who kindly has sold track. I brought with the remaining bargain £5  a board. Will post when I've received the parcels

Thanks mick. I cannot wait to see old boy with a little simple layout that's easy to carry, set up enjoying his layout. I'm sitting tight and will post more as and when
 Ditton is on hold although with dust and the  spring clean. I have thoroughly cleaned the track

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2020, 07:43:27 PM »
Great what you are doing, Chris. Like I said, if the track was mine to dispose of it would be free but it's all part of the stuff I'm selling on behalf of someone else. Good luck.

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2020, 07:47:00 PM »
Thank you mick. Will be doing card kits for myself when not answering emails and on standby duty. Will post more on ditton but like everyone cutting back realised filmmaking do with what I have and making somebody ' s life more enjoyable, stimulating . It's difficult getting any parts so maybe a while. I'd rather put somebody else first . Thanks

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2020, 07:28:09 PM »
It's been a strange few days ....what with conference  call, home working and a request as a qualified guard to do an emergency relief trip  , I've been watching YouTube clips  reading route familiarisation manuals. I train guards too. Home today .... waiting for ordered items to arrive. So work continues on ditton. I have due to space limitations worked on the line towards widnes hough green, and the tanhouse lane , the old ICI / BOC. Other traffic sees Fiddlers Ferry Power station, Warrington trip freight. Arpley trip freight speedlink. I too have installed the junction to the Ship Canal Junction and the Ditton Runcorn crossover plus a spur where Car trains ( off scene ) run to halewood , the Garston containers. Onto another board in the future. Which will be a fiddle yard so a coal, speeding  freightliner set can sit rather than in boxes. More another day

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2020, 07:43:27 PM »
Sounds like you’ve been busy.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2020, 07:47:00 PM »
Sure. The emergency train was a relieve guard carrying essential supplies. But today has given me day off to research locos  stock and routes plus chores at home

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2020, 06:34:19 AM »
Keep up the good work.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2020, 08:49:23 AM »
Thanks @Innovationgame . Having researched motive power 1965 to 74 , at least an 8F  a Jubilee  Jinty, Fowler 3P  would have been  the area. Class 08  20, 24, 25, 31, 40, 47, 50, DMU would have been seen. I do have my Wrenn Micromodel Class 81 but that is waiting to be unpacked as in boxes. Plus Mk1 2 stick and a selection  of wagons reflecting traffic. I'm quite content with what have but when this wretched pandemic ends I'm on the lookout for suitable stock. STILL have to thank knightwing for their A20 station lamps, 3dprinting for the hard to get BRUTE trolleys  remember those,? , scenecraft , farish figures, building kits by freestone models.         Tiny signs range station posters , br station sign. By the way needed a magnifying glass. Northwestern models helped with the post box, signage, belisha beacons. @Trainfish with the fencing. And thanks @DarrwestLU6 with the electrics. Waiting for the post to deliver. So more later

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 02:30:07 PM by crewearpley40 »

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2020, 10:41:22 AM »
Thanks to @Newportnobby the track has finally arrived
 I'm working from home today so will be nipping out for essential shopping and a board is under construction open frame. For my mums neighbour. The criteria is keep it lightweight, portable, has to sit on his coffee table as space is tight. The gent has an illness so also needs to be stimulated. I'm building a small layout  after discussions with the care staff. He has a Jinty tank loco, 2 mk 1s  , 4 wagons. So thanks  mick. Will be once I have the board.
...getting to a plan  has to be as simple as. Keep 70 year old entertained so he can see his love of his Jinty run.  I'm hopeless with any tech so mick has agreed kindly to donate @Tank

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2020, 10:44:19 AM »
Yes @Tank , mick has agreed to add my £6 donation.  More on ditton later as I'm planning a 3rd board again portable that can slide away if need be up against a wall for me to eat at the table, when not in use. Just have to sort the trestle table and other matters first

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2020, 10:49:26 AM »
Glad the parcel arrived safely (great service by RM) and hope you can create something for the old chap to enjoy.

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2020, 10:52:51 AM »
Thanks maybe a couple of days before he sees his new enjoyment. I've given him via the care staff an old shelf to place a long piece of flexi track for the time being but I'm waiting a new piece of wood and adding ends to shop inevitable rolling off his trains ending up on the floor. Will of course place photos.

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2020, 09:54:35 AM »
So the ditton layout goes ahead..... card buildings going ahead.ive received the board for my old gentleman friend. Further instructions. It must be portable ,  staff at the home can place on the coffee table, in the resident lounge etc. Thanks @Newportnobby for the track. Heres the plan and the oval. Plus sidings, space for more points but no retailer with mail order have stock. Pinning going ahead today of the track

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal