!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: ditton ( - and the works )  (Read 7925 times)

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: ditton ( - and the works )
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2020, 11:49:16 AM »
Hi after a wet cold morning full of tired and cold back in the warm and will update all. Here is a side on view of the cleaned returned trestle. The layout sits in the living room

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 11:54:16 AM by crewearpley40 »

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2020, 11:57:04 AM »
Meanwhile on top the wiring complete, fishplates and pieces reinstalled I can reposition when the lighting gets the go ahead

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 11:58:55 AM by crewearpley40 »

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2020, 01:32:04 PM »
At present I have 9ft 8 x 2 ft to play with and a 2ft 7 height sample enough to get my long legs and sit comfortably including squeezing myself under to do wiring. Been measuring board two so altogether once problems at home are sorted I can give myself access to the rear and still run 12 x 2 ft and a bit . The trestle works out at 2ft 7 height and 3 of them allows safe positioning. More to come at a later date

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2020, 03:38:16 PM »
been doing some digging. as a fan of 1967- 85 era, ditton was near allerton shed, so saw locos I loved 08s, 20s, 24s, 25s, 40s, 47s

https://www.derbysulzers.com/springsbranch.html

these would have worked to warrington, arpley, springs branch, wigan

im looking at the 3 shunters I have, all used in the area

http://btckstorage.blob.core.windows.net/site3376/On%20Shed%20Archive/On%20Shed_Vol%204%20No%201%20-%20March%202014.pdf

some super maps / photos, and activity THAT the RAIB / HSE would not approve

http://www.gronkgeek.co.uk/2018/03/wsnw-17-years-on-looking-back-at.html

plenty of inspiration for modellers ' weathering techniques

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2020, 09:09:13 PM »
2'7" sounds quite low - does that give you enough clearance to get under easily?

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2020, 09:31:01 PM »
Yes thanks enough to sit on my Chair now the wires are held by chock blocks  and secure

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2020, 11:18:05 AM »
Well another cold wet weekend due. Lighting to be finally fixed 2nd week march and til then, work  sort my stiff back out, matters at home. Then ally pally. Oh and laying track on the board so will see what I m going to do. No track plans yet let of planning to sort

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2020, 05:35:13 PM »
So here is the update. After a cold wet morning at work, I have managed to thanks to the help of @Trainfish secured some fencing. Once received and installed I will post photos. I have been laying out track and wondering what to do on board 2. Landlord has agreed to sort the wiring after 3 years failing to meet regulations let alone obligations . So 17 march I will take down the temporary idea suggested by chrism. Phew.

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2020, 10:03:27 AM »
It's been a week since i posted and slow progress what with finding a long light strip left outside my door so called up. Was not pleased the electrician had not bothered to call. Anyway @Trainfish has kindly posted fencing. Glued it in this morning on a rare morning of a Thursday at home. I'm re fixing the backscene too
 I am hoping to sort progress post 18th

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2020, 10:07:14 AM »
And another shot. Will be slowly painting once glue has dried. Thank you john. Maybe heading up the florists see if I can buy another 3.50 lichen bag and in the meantime board 2 will only be in my head as so to speak at planning stage

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2020, 11:28:52 AM »
So its 17th. Finally new lights in
. And scenics work added. Simply to hide a join, obtained some lichen from the florists

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2020, 07:25:17 PM »
So fed up of the news and after work conference calls. I cleared up some stuff in the loft knowing I had a board and bits I wanted out. I wanted in the small space to use a disused canal .... so piece of plywood to form the riverbed. Thin strips cut to form spacing strips, a larger piece glued to a smaller piece, riverbed formed. Left overnight to let glue dry. Add styrene strip, small batch of a carrier bag of diy plaster . This was left over by the landlords workman they never wanted any bits back.... waste not  disposable gloves came in handy ... add to a household emulsion pot I had,  still add plaster before safely binning unwanted stuff. Left to dry. Paint coloured bed black towpath. Dry.  Pour aqua magic with windows open for air, allowing fluid to dry naturally. Allow layer to seal porous surfaces. Day 5 / 6 allow it to dry. I'm yet to place the industrial building that's drying .... but add vegetation   , pva a bit of brown paint, green, costa stirred strips added make a good towpath. Then I blended paint to the scenery made from lint and plaster

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2020, 07:53:58 AM »
Nearly the weekend .... I folded some old lint , glued it down and formed the shape over strips of newspaper which had been added to the chicken wire strip. After gluing, opened the windows, a spray of green plastikote and yes disposable gloves, a face mask came in handy. Fresh breeze too as it gives a fine mist and a few hours later no paint smell. Last night several pieces of 20mm plasticard formed a lock and a strip of wire turned into a handrail. So what do I do with a tiny slip of 15mm plasticard ? That I made into a walkway. Will be fiddling around making shops later, terraced houses.

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2020, 01:07:01 PM »
Hi. Just thinking what to do next. Looks like finding the track pieces I'm after will be a waiting game so if the chosen outlets have been waiting delivery. I'm onto painting board 2 , and building a few card kits. Will take photos once they have arrived. Keep safe

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2020, 03:54:49 PM »
So board two. Finding hard to gain parts and the fiddle yard will have to wait.... so after a conference call and having to standby for an emergency turn which never happened. Yes I'm on standby as a qualified guard. Now off duty, cold squash  , windows open. What do I do?
 Prepped board 2 surface  off cuts of polystyrene I found in my box plus unused Woodlands scenics formers, basin of canal which is disused is lower. Pva and leave to dry. Day 2 conference call, sorting work time sheet, reading union papers , yep jar of coffee turned to cuppa , then started bilteezi card kits .

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £30.00
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
August Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal