!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: ditton ( - and the works )  (Read 8023 times)

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: ditton ( - and the works )
« Reply #270 on: July 25, 2020, 07:11:48 PM »
Saturdays in the rain. 2 days off after trips to new street ( train manager, failed at hanslope, north of wolverton, and manchester, problems with central door locking at london, then a new set of stock all good until trespassers narrowly missed , ouch and speed restrictions north of Stafford.  So home to play trains this time on ditton after a welcome bath and hot coffee . Just been twiddling with the freightliners bogies adjusting pieces so they love going round radius 4 curves and do not lock on an angle. Then will have an hour running some. Catch up soon

Online Nbodger

• N Gauge Society Number: 8788
    • Awards
« Reply #271 on: July 25, 2020, 07:43:18 PM »
Chris

You have had a entertaining day in the rain, itís been lovely and warm up here, with not a drop of rain in sight.

Mike H  8)

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #272 on: July 25, 2020, 07:44:18 PM »
The woes of a real realway are so much more problematic than the workings of an ideal model railway.  I do like real railways but I am reminded of a tortuous journey form Milton Keynes to Plymouth following the Hatfield accident.  It took forever!
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #273 on: July 25, 2020, 07:51:45 PM »
Thanks mike and laurence. I was working around the Hatfield incident and what should have been a 5 hour 45 shift turned into 11 and a half, the next day the crew I was with were sent to Glasgow that shift took 14 and we needed 2 Guards Safety Critical . Hey ho. Onto an hours modelling then rest before I operate tomorrow on ditton and maybe another little card kit unsure which yet

Offline impinabox

• Awards
« Reply #274 on: July 25, 2020, 09:28:33 PM »
 Wow that sounds like a serious shift.   Makes ballasting sound like child's play... which I guess it is if you count second childhood!    :)
Mike

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing badly.

Current layout project: Halfway - https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=48537.0

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #275 on: July 25, 2020, 09:33:21 PM »
We seriously work odd shifts and hard. However, the next week I'm working off home with work that needs attention. So does ditton, with card kits, the fiddle yard, however tomorrow will be running a few trains and testing the fiddle yard

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2020, 06:36:58 AM »
Thanks mike and laurence. I was working around the Hatfield incident and what should have been a 5 hour 45 shift turned into 11 and a half, the next day the crew I was with were sent to Glasgow that shift took 14 and we needed 2 Guards Safety Critical . Hey ho. Onto an hours modelling then rest before I operate tomorrow on ditton and maybe another little card kit unsure which yet
I caught the Edinburgh to Plymouth Train at New Street but, by the time we reached Exeter, it had to turn round or it would never have made it back to Edinburgh.  I had to wait at St David's for the next train from Paddington.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #277 on: July 26, 2020, 06:43:53 AM »
Sounds like a long day. Just up with a coffee and sunrise viewing the sun glinting on the lounge and the layout.
   08489 shunts the tanks whilst 25221 rearranges freightliner stock ready for monday before moving light engine to collect coaches

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #278 on: July 27, 2020, 06:19:56 PM »
Monday today, working from home on conference calls , discussing matters via emails and guess what ? Been playing, operating for an hour . I've noticed with a few oil tanks, chemical tanks and some engineers wagons the clatter over points. I'm not dcc and viewing 
  plus a 12 year span at allerton
in 1988 and this in 2000 here
shows how little has changed structure wise except the trains.    I have not oiled any wagon wheels but left them and spent time with a rag and via track cleaning

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #279 on: July 27, 2020, 06:35:05 PM »
I met Brian back in 1995. He runs rail photography from cardiff but was in warrington, liverpool and asked if I as a stranger knew the vantage points with the usual spots . 25221 on ditton is seen ambling round with a couple of peco nr12 railfreight Vans and 2 oil tanks, 2 chemical  tanks. The leading tank is a peco type C, then 15ft esso tta, a peco knr50 15ft tank built on a 15ft chassis with extra weight, and before the vba and vbb the 2 Van's is the peco type c cibageigy tank

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #280 on: July 28, 2020, 05:41:56 PM »
Another day home working on conference calls  so 330pm finish and time to junior hacksaw down a tree made of twigs and thick wooden branch to make more scale and realistic. I also spent a half hour preparing brown shades of acrylic to work in the disused canal before brown scatter left over was sprinkled on the towpath.                                                                                                                   
                                                                                             Track cleaning was undertaken and I then finished adding two sidings to the fiddle yard for surplus wagons plus the freightliner stock with the FGA on the rear,  FFA and  a single 30ft container wagon to be stored pending couplings to be worked on. Realising I need to add 2 dapol extra long arms as to avoid buffers locking.
  and           

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #281 on: July 28, 2020, 05:49:31 PM »
The freightliners, coal hoppers and chemical tanks for garston container depot, warrington arpley and runcorn can be respectively held awaiting 47436 which is on it's way from crewe, 31464 with a freshly painted converted LPG BOC tank  which is an old lima wagon with a red stripe and is drying . Plus 20073 and 20082 which 073 being the dummy is in the wheel cleaning cradle

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #282 on: July 31, 2020, 12:27:48 PM »
Almost the weekend. 25221 suffered a split bogie . Off to crewe ? Not exactly. I found the receipt, warranty and the instructions. Farish don't seem to like answer technical calls and stated no decoder should be in the loco. It lit up and I'm on analogue. Kernow, who sold me do not have another in stock at st blazey or Laira, so option return for spares which will be sent to bar well and Hinckley. Nightmare. Or refund. So a call to bob at https://www.farishnspares.co.uk/notice.html  who could not have been helpful. Wayne at kernow could not help nor Gregg so farish neither   , bob said it was a split gear. A call to https://www.lprails.co.uk/ and the ever helpful lee, he will replace with a blanking plate hor no cost. He unlike farish but like bob confirmed warranty, and for £20 would happily fix the split gear, conduct a test and 25221 will be back in 7days. Wow. Lee. Star. At least I still have 25177, 25080 , 25259  still operational

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #283 on: August 05, 2020, 07:59:05 PM »
It's been a week. Lee has kindly sent my 25221 to Crewe ( well Ditton ) and the mad house. After a troubled week with a  pillock crashing every computer and infesting with stuff on  computers I would hate to know, the boss and myself losing tempers, raising disciplinary and Railnews plus West coast railways messing dates up. So 25221 is back.... a phosphorus bronze contact  , plus kernow had not aligned a bogie tower properly. Split gear changed so ..... happy and Thank You Lee at https://www.lprails.co.uk/    so will update as have little modelling time until after 3pm.saturday.

Online DarrwestLU6

• N Gauge Society Number: 28089
  • Getting back into N after a long break!
    • Awards
« Reply #284 on: Yesterday at 09:20:02 AM »
Welcome back Chris sounds like a nightmare week. Glad to hear the loco is running well.
Hogwarts to King's Cross - My layout under construction: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43358.msg536504#msg536504

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £60.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
August Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal