!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: ditton ( - and the works )  (Read 1187 times)

Offline cornish yorkie

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: ditton ( - and the works )
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2020, 08:10:36 PM »
 :hellosign:  :greatpicturessign:
     Great start, looking good   :thumbsup:
           regards Derek.

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2020, 08:35:24 PM »

Chris - you might want to push the rail join leading to the point together. I'm not concerned about a point coming off a curve as I have several and no issues occur, but that's a fair size gap and could cause derailments. The camera sees what we don't tend to!

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2020, 08:41:24 PM »
Thanks mick. I was just refitting a new fish plate having noticed this. It's something the camera does not lie but I have had to wire signals and re put in fishplates in 2 other spots form lighting. Tomorrow after shopping will be checking the other bits .

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2020, 04:33:39 AM »
Thanks the plan has been altered with the siding being.moved to face the other direction.  The two lines then have two right points and sweeping left curves but when fully sited once workmen have been and rewired I will sort the other end .

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2020, 05:14:19 AM »

My layout

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2020, 07:13:09 PM »
Thanks @DarrwestLU6  for the plan.im holding back for a while due to the landlord taking 6 weeks to rip a poor 30 year old instalment, rewire and provide new lights which will mean everything being placed under wraps then I can rewire with darren if up for it and once my sanity is back. I thank very much @ chrism up at coniston for the suggestion which helped

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2020, 07:15:12 PM »
Thanks @chrism up in the Lakes , your idea came in handy

Online chrism

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • The Coniston Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2020, 08:08:55 PM »
Thanks @chrism up in the Lakes , your idea came in handy

You're welcome, mate.
If there's one thing I've learnt since I started working in N-gauge it's that it's a darned sight easier with decent light.

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2020, 08:15:59 PM »
True. Chris. Prefer the history and operations of railways to wiring.

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2020, 08:58:29 AM »
Just a quick update. Afraid I'm having to dismantle the layout for the time being frustratingly after the discovery I've made. The landlords workman trod on the ladders ok but trod on wiring necessitating changing a broken rail and sleepers fishplates. Nevertheless displayed my angst and serious displeasure . Please bear with me folks. @DarrwestLU6  appreciate you going over the phone. Electrics not my forte and today I'm rigging lighting chrism at coniston kindly suggested as going be 6 weeks until new lighting is installed. If wondering I live in a small flat with substandard lighting even outside and it's going to take a while to remedy issues
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 09:50:14 AM by crewearpley40 »

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 05:02:32 PM »
Hi all. Just,a little update. I have had to redo some track work and install a point and remove part of the layout. Bear with please as working on temporary lighting from chrism ' s kind suggestion and after the landlords workman said I do nt need my layout moved, yet tried on it, damaging a point, so I've claimed compensation
 Thanks to darrwestlu6 in helping rewire as second discovery showed up the signal resistor had come loose plus wiring
 So 4 weeks to new wires, new lights
 Was I pleased ? No. Onwards upwards. IM also adding to another 5ft board all the space in my lounge.

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2020, 07:50:25 PM »
Thanks @DarrwestLU6 wiring for the time being has been given more work. Will be eating soon, so more progress info in a bit

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2020, 07:54:45 PM »
Here is a shot of the works end. Scratc h built carriage wagons shed. Out buildings and scrap yard

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2020, 06:08:28 PM »
Hi . Hopefully after rewiring, resoldering a fish plate and relaying a point should be buying next week 3 new points. Best to wait for photos as after a nightmare week at work  taking time out. Plans are to pin track down then fix a blade on a point. If not then my plans are to purchase a new one and sort the lighting out. Waiting for new lighting off the landlord then compensation for damage by his workman. So will be honestly taking the layout down for a day then resurrecting it and sliding board 2 currently in a load of packaging under the bed. Also plan is I'm using an old garment and Morgan controller and hoping the banana plugs behave @DarrwestLU6   thanks. Just gentle persuasion with one with pliers. Darn, waiting for repairs annoys me so am sitting in having prepped a plan for board 2. And the fiddle yard to retain my stock. Then will be a wet weekend so constructing buildings that have had in a box
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 06:55:01 PM by crewearpley40 »

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2020, 07:15:11 PM »
Apologies first. Poor lighting at home  should be rectified in a few weeks. Just bored with all the rain on a weekend off saw me buy lichen at a florist shop for just over 3 a bag ( separated from.the mud that came with it ) and a few twigs  pva. A few farish 90s buildings that I picked up cheap, pva, craft knife and a small brush did the trick.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal