!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Brier Bank: Eggmarine's layout build  (Read 662 times)

Online Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
Re: Eggmarine's layout build
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 11:30:52 PM »
I think it's looking fantastic!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Eggmarine

• N Gauge Society Number: 27026
    • Awards
Re: Eggmarine's layout build
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2020, 02:25:17 PM »
Afternoon everyone, some more progress on the layout. The path of multi layered wall mounted folding layout builds never runs smooth it seems and it's been a case of three steps forward two steps back. When designing things i allowed for clearance between the levels to include seep pm2 point motors, however i forgot about wiring, it's quite bulky! Especially with suitcase connectors, so much fettling was required to stop trains catching on dangling electricals. Lots of cable tidies for the wire and the suitcase connectors are superglued flat to the upper.baseboard, all running smoothly now.

The result is being able to have two trains running similtaneously out and back. There seems to be an issue with the nce powercab though where selecting a loco that's already running reduces the speed to zero. I need to dig out the manual and have a look.

I think i've decided on a name too- Briar Bank, which should hopefully reflect the black country locale eslecially when Briar Oak steel works is up and running.

Offline Eggmarine

• Awards
Re: Brier Bank: Eggmarine's layout build
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 12:15:37 AM »
So the latest on Brier Bank is that there is something of a scandal in progress, there have been several derailments on the upper loop and the loco drivers (me) have been pointing the finger at the pway dept (yours truly) who have pointed out that they were supplied with used track in order to cut costs, this decision being made by higher managment (also me), the result being a wasted few sessions of track laying and a lot has to be pulled up and re laid with new stuff from Brier Oak steel works. The director (that's me) has resigned in ignominy and has been replaced with a new chap who promises to cleave to a higher standard, he also looks suspiciously like one of the drivers and has shares in the aforementioned steel works.

Well it is my railway. Lessons have been learned.

Offline exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+6)
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 07:39:39 AM »
@Eggmarine,  valuable lessons Sir, and regardless of management suggestions cut corners cost more  ;D

As a kid we frequented Merry Hill and used to go to the glass works and see the boys rolling and blowing, some magnificent skill.

My sister now lives 5mins from Burnt Tree so still frequent the area in question. As a kid seeing all the developments that have happened over my lifetime and still having a good few industrial estates over towards Russell's Hall shows theres still a huge skillset there.

Be great seeing this take shape and capture the grime of the skilled hard work that made this place what it was!!!

Offline Eggmarine

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 10:40:22 AM »
@Eggmarine,  valuable lessons Sir, and regardless of management suggestions cut corners cost more  ;D

As a kid we frequented Merry Hill and used to go to the glass works and see the boys rolling and blowing, some magnificent skill.

My sister now lives 5mins from Burnt Tree so still frequent the area in question. As a kid seeing all the developments that have happened over my lifetime and still having a good few industrial estates over towards Russell's Hall shows theres still a huge skillset there.

Be great seeing this take shape and capture the grime of the skilled hard work that made this place what it was!!!

Thanks @exmouthcraig it's a fascinating area alright with lots going on. The Round Oak workings seem to be picking up lately which is a good sign and we have the metro coming too. I've got some time off work now so hopefully there will be progress and not the type to be scuppered by short cuts!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £5.00
Below Goal: £55.00
Site Currency: GBP
 8%
April Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal