!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Revolution Trains - PEP Units Class 313/314  (Read 1970 times)

Offline Karhedron

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
Re: Revolution Trains - PEP Units Class 313/314
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2019, 10:53:05 AM »
Darn you RevolutioN! Can you hear that sound? That is the sound of my resolve crumbling!  :P

I don't model anything post-1965 which means I will probably end up having to build a whole new layout just to accommodate one. NSE livery please! :D

Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline Karhedron

• N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2020, 03:21:34 PM »
In terms of liveries, we haven't yet decided which to offer. 

Blue Grey, Network South East, Network Rail yellow and Scotrail Saltire would seem obvious but after our well-documented blunder in proposing too many with the 320/321 we are going to be cautious.

I have found the following which might be helpful in providing food for thought. The liveries you propose sound sensible but I think it would be worth offering 1 or 2 privatisation era liveries. This is particularly useful in case anyone wants to run them alongside your 321s and Pendolinos to represent the southern end of the WCML.

Silverlink and First Capital Connect both look like long-lived liveries which might make good choices. Based purely on the graphic, it looks like London Overground was just a rebranded version of the Silverlink livery which might make it easier to produce. At the very least, I am sure some enterprising after-marketer could produce the transfers to convert Silverlink into London Overground. The photos even show that the livery overlays didn't perfectly match the original colours. :D

Silverlink

London Overground
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2020, 03:36:35 PM »
Thanks Matt - our experience from the 321 is that neither Silverlink or FCC are the best sellers (though both are still possibles for the 321) so we will make decisions partly based on that experience.  I'd like some Silverlink liveried 313s as I used to live next to the Kenny O line and used to see them a lot before they got replaced by electrostars.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal