!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Back to the planning stage  (Read 132 times)

Offline Bad Raven

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 7714
    • Awards
Back to the planning stage
« on: January 23, 2020, 08:47:27 PM »
A change in circumstances has meant that I have an already powered and lit 16' 6" x 8' external brick, interior block built and tile pitch roofed detached garage "spare" as its less than car sized considering the ability to get in and out of said car with my diminishing agility means a barely cracked open driver door is no longer enough to squeeze and turn through without damaging my back further.

I'm going to combine three existing small layouts and use a number of currently bare for scenery but line drawn out and docks cut in with sunken in routed out track beds for the dock tracks boards built in the early 90's for "Wyrefleet2", a very VERY loose representation of  Fleetwood in the 30's.

What this extra area does mean is that I will have a 3' x 2' 9" (both minimums) space for a steam loco shed.  So, roughly Lancs and Yorks/LNWR style, in LMS days but also somewhere to show my "lost their way north" Midland locos, in all rather a lot of them (As an example I have six  "Crabs" in various livery, and to think this all started with a single Minitrix Fowler 0-6-0T in the 80's, when I now have more of them than the LMS ever made!!    ::) ).

What I need are suitable shed layout ideas for that size, and so far I have discovered a gulf in real world sheds between enormous (unworkable) to cramped (unworkable!!) but nothing of remotely the right proportions. Any ideas appreciated!
Dave

Offline DarrwestLU6

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 28089
  • Getting back into N after a long break!
    • Awards
Re: Back to the planning stage
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 01:38:32 AM »
Get that Peco track plans book out - probably loads too online....
Hogwarts to King's Cross - My layout under construction: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43358.msg536504#msg536504

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal