!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: ARNOLD’s new RENFE DMU  (Read 408 times)

Offline biela49

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
ARNOLD’s new RENFE DMU
« on: January 21, 2020, 10:42:11 AM »
RENFE DMU class 592 were a serie of diesel-hidraulic, three cars trains originally dedicated to commuter and regional services. 140 trains since 1981 to 1984 were suplied. They only offered 2nd class seats. By 1987 20 units were refurbished for long distance operation, and received 1st class seats and a small space for a coffe shop, placed in the end of one of the motor cars. The máximum speed of these trains, some yet on duty, is 120 Km/h, except for a few that were transformed and allowed to 140 Km/h.

Because of the prominent boxes housing the air conditioned systems on the roof, just above the doors, they were nicknamed “Camellos” (Camels, in English)

I want to share some images of the one in “Intercity/Long distance” livery, a recent model by Arnold, very well achieved, as the other four versions launched the last years.

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
Re: ARNOLD’s new RENFE DMU
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 10:52:25 AM »
That's a smooth running and smart looking train.

It does look a bit Japanese to me, though. Methinks I might have been following railsquid's Japanese layout too long!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 11:22:55 AM »
Hi biela,

Very nice. Hopefully they might do the CP livery (maybe they do?) as well for my very limited Portuguese stuff....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_train_type_592

Salud weave  :beers:

Online railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 11:37:35 AM »
That's a smooth running and smart looking train.

It does look a bit Japanese to me, though. Methinks I might have been following railsquid's Japanese layout too long!  :beers:

Yeah, I though that (about it looking Japanese), it's the A/C units on the roof which do it, though Japanese ones don't come down to the edge of the roof like that.

Nice train anyway.  :thumbsup:
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 12:12:22 PM »
I seem to have a fascination for multiple units in N.  I like that one!   I cannot really justify a Spanish unit on my German layout (though I confess I do own a couple of the old Ibertren UT-440 sets  :D )
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline biela49

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 07:19:07 PM »
Hi biela,

Very nice. Hopefully they might do the CP livery (maybe they do?) as well for my very limited Portuguese stuff....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_train_type_592

Salud weave  :beers:

I also think that it would be a good idea. But not only for Portuguese fans, also for Spanish ones, as the "Portuguese Camello" arrives to Galicia.

Offline Westgate

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 08:39:27 PM »
Thank you for posting: its a very nice model.  I think I travelled in one between Madrid and Leon once although I am not sure and it was blue and yellow.  Do you know if they ever ran between Leon and Oviedo?  I am very tempted but might wait for the 440 Arnold are due to produce soon (I hope): anyway this bodes very well!

Offline biela49

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 12:46:13 PM »
Thank you for posting: its a very nice model.  I think I travelled in one between Madrid and Leon once although I am not sure and it was blue and yellow.  Do you know if they ever ran between Leon and Oviedo?  I am very tempted but might wait for the 440 Arnold are due to produce soon (I hope): anyway this bodes very well!

Thnaks for reply to my post.

It is likely that you made that trip on one of these trains. And if it wat in the 80s the most likely you travelled on a yellow/blue one. Arnold also made that model, seven years ago; today is difficult to find.

Take a look to mine, and also the "Cercanías" (Commuter") livery. I received booth models by Spring 2013. (Excuse the poor quality of the video)

Offline Gordon

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 12:45:48 AM »
I think I travelled in one between Madrid and Leon once although I am not sure and it was blue and yellow.  Do you know if they ever ran between Leon and Oviedo? 

No, I would have thought you would have travelled in a 440 EMU (440s and their predecessors were nicknamed 'Metallicos" ) The introduction of the Class 440 EMUs heralded a change to simpler medium to long distance travel on Renfe. They were the first trains to be express services without the requirement to 'endorse your ticket' at a station beforehand - a system that used to make travel in Spain in the 60s - 80s annoying. Madrid - Leon was one of the first services of this type.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 12:49:23 AM by Gordon »
Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Offline Gordon

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2020, 12:47:31 AM »
I seem to have a fascination for multiple units in N.  I like that one!   I cannot really justify a Spanish unit on my German layout (though I confess I do own a couple of the old Ibertren UT-440 sets  :D )

Hi Nick,

You can do it the other way round though - Spanish version of Scheinenbus, Spanish 'V200-a-like', standard DB style coaches ... amongst other things ran in Spain

Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Offline Westgate

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2020, 10:17:01 PM »
Hi Biela and Gordon
Thank you for your replies.  I tried to see if there are any blue and yellow 592s for salebut they seem well out of stock: will wait for the 440s - which I know ran between Leon and Oviedo.  In any case buying both would need some serious funds!

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal