!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Stove R and chassis.  (Read 1578 times)

Offline NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Awards
Re: Stove R and chassis.
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2020, 02:58:18 PM »

Scott has given real sales figures demonstrating that past experience shows that even with 350 chassis that should be fine.  I'm sure that some people are very keen to get them but past experience (and it was similar when I was on the Committee) shows that it is a relatively limited number of people.

Cheers Mike

@red_death @NGS-PO

That's fine, but with all due respect, people will have been without them for two years or more, with the advancement of 3D printing there are more vehicles available for which they are well suited and there's quite a few people who already have vehicles with no chassis.

I'd be interested to know when the last batch was bought, how many was in that batch and how long it took to sell them all?

The Stove-R vehicles were still in stock quite a while after the chassis sold out. I would have thought that a similar proportion of vehicles to chassis needs procuring with more chassis on the order than last time.
If the chassis can only be ordered with the vehicles surely it makes sense to try and 'time' the final item sold of each to be similar.

In fairness, you've expressed your concerns and, again in fairness, I've acknowledged them and advised that the chassis figure was being looked at even before you raised said concerns.

With that in mind, I can't see the value in going round in circles over this.  Much more qualified people than I, within the committee, have to make a decision based on cash-in-hand, procurement costs, cashflow, shop storage space (remember the 'shop' is someone's actual home), expected sales rate, asset management, and I'm sure a few more considerations that I haven't thought of.

Can we maybe please just let them carry on as best they can, now that we've had our say?

Best

Scott.
(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Anxiety is a lot like a toddler. It never stops talking, tells you youíre wrong about everything, and wakes you up at 3am.

I get nervous about just about everything. Sometimes I literally donít know why Iím anxious. I just am and no-one seems to understand that.

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2020, 03:01:28 PM »
Furthermore Scott gave figures to November 2018, so I presume thatís when the last batch sold. Less than 18 months, not more than 2 years. I donít think there have been such material advances in 3D printing that the demand will suddenly increase from 5 per month to your projection of 200 in 24 hours and 350 in 48 hours.

I have to agree with Scott here, that we should assume the society have a better feel for the popularity and demand for individual shop items.

Offline emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2020, 03:09:58 PM »
Yes, the figures were from July 2017 to November 2018.

In that period 81 chassis were sold.

Between November2018 and when a new batch will be available would be November 2020 if they were ordered today. Which is two years, which is why I said members "will have been without them for two years or more."

I was merely interested to know the original chassis batch size in comparison to the original vehicle batch size.
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Online red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2020, 03:53:01 PM »
I was merely interested to know the original chassis batch size in comparison to the original vehicle batch size.

It was a relatively small proportion of the total order (which is why the actual Stove Rs took longer to sell - IIRC (it is a while ago) the Stove Rs were also re-ordered in some liveries on at least one or two occasions). If demand was higher for the chassis then I would expect the 81 to have sold in a much quicker time period than Scott has told us.

Offline emjaybee

• N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2020, 03:55:07 PM »

It was a relatively small proportion of the total order (which is why the actual Stove Rs took longer to sell - IIRC (it is a while ago) the Stove Rs were also re-ordered in some liveries on at least one or two occasions). If demand was higher for the chassis then I would expect the 81 to have sold in a much quicker time period than Scott has told us.

Ah, okay. Many thanks for the info on the vehicle re-order and clarification.
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2020, 10:58:53 PM »
The NGS asked me about this at the start of January and I gave them some numbers including an offer to guarantee buying a certain number from them to bundle with kits.

I think a lot of people over-estimate the number of N Gauge kit builders versus RTR.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal