!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: First design for N - Japanese-type modern tram  (Read 179 times)

Offline thephatmaster

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
First design for N - Japanese-type modern tram
« on: November 30, 2019, 09:23:00 AM »
Hiya,

Just firing up the printer to test a first draft of what is I think my first design for N - a Portram / Centram inspired modern tram (see attachment).

It's unashamedly Portram at the sides, with a slightly different front which is inspired by various modern trams.

It still needs the front window removing, with a recess for modeller's choice of "glass".

It also needs some thought about a chassis. I have no idea what chassis I will design it to run on (I still have no track, or layout design anyway) - though probably not the TOMIX TM-LRT01, as I don't see the point in simply copying what is already available - a Caramel Chassis perhaps?

« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 09:25:52 AM by thephatmaster, Reason: additional attachment »

Offline thephatmaster

• Awards
Re: First design for N - Japanese-type modern tram
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 12:06:03 PM »
Attached are how v1 looks after a quick stick together with bluetac, and all looks ok. A few print artefacts to clean off before painting, probably because I was impatient and printed all the parts together.

Offline thephatmaster

• Awards
Re: First design for N - Japanese-type modern tram
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 09:36:41 PM »
Just tried v0.2, with no front glass - in black only because I ran out of white

slightly less successful, needs amendment in various places

Need to think about that chassis tho!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.00