!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Midway  (Read 2149 times)

Offline NOE 544R

• Trade Count: (0)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Midway
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2020, 09:40:04 AM »
Hi all,

No real progress to report recently, but a few images! This week one of 2 new arrives showed up; a Castle purchased in the MRD sale for only £69.99! Disappointingly when running in the centre rod pin fell out. I had a quick look and decided I could just screw it back in (less hassle than sending it back etc). This is now on its way to Grimy Times to have the crest changed and weathered. Still to turn up is a new Farish 64xx, purchased for a mere £50 via ebay (im good at finding bargains)!

I've had to chase ROS to see what is happening with the class 37. The only communication they have given is to say that they have received the parcel (over 2 weeks ago now) and I even had to chase to get them to acknowledge that. I appreciate in the pandemic they may leave parcels for a week before touching them (to minimise the risk of covid contamination etc) but I've been totally left in the dark.

Another purchase this week was one of the newly announced Clayton's. I'm not going to say much here, but wow! What a surprise to see that announced  :) . I was going to preorder the new 47 and 8F, but lone behold they've been pushed back to October.

Anyway, here's some pics

I've seen a few pics about 'Hunt' couplings being used to bridge the gap. These seem to be quite expensive and, IMO, still don't fix the issue. This isn't an attack on the product, just my opinion! As you can see in the images my solution was just to make gangways out of black card. Maybe it would be interesting to see what these used with Hunt couplings would look like!

Oh, and I purchased a load of peco wagon kits! best get painting  :doh:

Offline tutenkhamunsleeping

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23866
  • 2mm Association Number: 4854
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2020, 09:53:38 AM »
I've had to chase ROS to see what is happening with the class 37. The only communication they have given is to say that they have received the parcel (over 2 weeks ago now) and I even had to chase to get them to acknowledge that. I appreciate in the pandemic they may leave parcels for a week before touching them (to minimise the risk of covid contamination etc) but I've been totally left in the dark.

Same here.  I sent a faulty Dapol 2-8-0 back for replacement and the tracking shows delivery on 23/07/20.  Not a sausage since then :veryangry:

I'm not very impressed, to say the least.  Covid or not, other customers that came after me are being served while I've been pushed to the back of the queue :censored:

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2020, 10:06:57 AM »

I'm not very impressed, to say the least.  Covid or not, other customers that came after me are being served while I've been pushed to the back of the queue :censored:

@tutenkhamunsleeping You really must stop using that ridiculous alias "Mister Snookerball", Steve.

@NOE 544R if your coaches have NEM pockets you could try using one/two short couplings from Farish 379-402 (although they seem as rare as rocking horse poo lately)
Dependent on your curve radius two might be too much so try one short-one std first.

Offline Nbodger

• N Gauge Society Number: 8788
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2020, 10:18:47 AM »

@tutenkhamunsleeping You really must stop using that ridiculous alias "Mister Snookerball", Steve.

He should just chalk it up to experience  :D

Mike H  :doh:

• Ebay
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2020, 10:22:48 AM »
Balls :whistle:

Offline NOE 544R

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2020, 11:57:39 AM »

Same here.  I sent a faulty Dapol 2-8-0 back for replacement and the tracking shows delivery on 23/07/20.  Not a sausage since then :veryangry:

Glad to see itís not just me! Not great news to hear  :(

Offline NOE 544R

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2020, 04:49:16 PM »
Well, the other new purchase arrived. Beautiful runner albiet a little noisier in reverse, but nowhere near as loud as many Dapol steamies!

I received a call from ROS yesterday too. They confirmed the problem and offered to send it to Bachmann for repair. With the current climate, I decided to go with a refund (as much as I want a 37, I can wait another two years for the latest announcement to arrive). Last thing I want is another troublesome model!

Hmmm class 47 and 8F... to preorder or not...

• Ebay
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2020, 10:16:16 PM »
I received a call from ROS yesterday too. They confirmed the problem and offered to send it to Bachmann for repair. With the current climate, I decided to go with a refund (as much as I want a 37, I can wait another two years for the latest announcement to arrive). Last thing I want is another troublesome model!

Received my replacement 2-8-0 today, they get there in the end despite being a little slow currently :thumbsup:

Offline NOE 544R

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2020, 10:28:11 PM »

Received my replacement 2-8-0 today, they get there in the end despite being a little slow currently :thumbsup:

Glad to hear. Hopefully yours won't be anywhere near as loud as what mine is! It's deafening! Received my refund today so will be placing some pre-orders shortly!

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £60.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
August Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal