!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol class 66 lighting  (Read 395 times)

Offline Trainfish

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21524
  • IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • My layout, Longcroft under construction
    • Awards
Dapol class 66 lighting
« on: October 17, 2019, 12:49:24 AM »
As you can see I have 2 different configurations of lights on 2 class 66s. Which one is correct or are they both correct?

John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Offline Vonzack

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20933
    • Awards
Re: Dapol class 66 lighting
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 09:30:27 AM »
The Freightliner is in Nighttime mode and the GBRf is in Daytime.

Found with google: 'However, where a train has both a day and night beam the difference is in how they are set to throw the light. The day beam will shine across the track at the cess so that it is visible to trackworkers but doesn't dazzle drivers coming the other way. The night beam shines along the cess directly in front of the train to pick out reflective signs and other lineside features. In most cases a train will only show one headlight at a time, the only exception I'm aware of (on the NR network at least) are Cl91's and Mk4 DVT's which show both headlights.'

Offline Trainfish

• Larger Gallery
  • IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 11:09:22 PM »
Interesting stuff, I had better only run each at the right time of day then. Thanks for this  :thumbsup:
John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Online ntpntpntp

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 07:30:33 AM »
Interesting stuff, I had better only run each at the right time of day then. Thanks for this  :thumbsup:
Do they not have little switches underneath, to change between day and night mode?  If not, it seems odd that two models would be set differently
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Vonzack

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20933
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 08:30:13 AM »
I think the GBRf is a new Dapol model and the Freightliner is Farish an older Dapol model, so that might explain the difference.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 10:00:42 AM by Vonzack, Reason: Correct the manufacturers »

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 09:07:14 AM »
Early Dapol  66s did have a small switch underneath to switch between day and night running but the next release dropped that idea.
Bob Tidbury

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 09:23:59 AM »
The Freightliner will have a switch under the fuel tanks, currently set to 'night'. Simply switch it over to 'day'. Viola!
 :beers:
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Trainfish

• Larger Gallery
  • IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2019, 01:53:34 AM »
I'll have a look next time I'm in the loft. Thanks chaps  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal