!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Farish LMS Livery Stanier Coaches  (Read 163 times)

Online NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
Farish LMS Livery Stanier Coaches
« on: October 10, 2019, 01:33:55 PM »
I'm wondering if there is anyone with both an LMS liveried Stanier coach and a BR Maroon liveried Stanier coach, who can confirm if the colours used on each is the same/

I have an opportunity to take some Staniers which I need for my layout at a good price, but they are LMS branded. My plan was to remove the LMS emblem and lettering and re-apply to BR standards if the colours were acceptable.

Best

Scott.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.

“Having anxiety and depression is like being scared and tired at the same time. It's the fear of failure, but no urge to be productive. It's wanting friends, but hate socializing. It's wanting to be alone, but not wanting to be lonely. It's feeling everything at once then feeling paralyzingly numb.”

We're not crazy, or insane, we're just people living with a condition.

Online chrism

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Farish LMS Livery Stanier Coaches
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 01:40:58 PM »
I'm wondering if there is anyone with both an LMS liveried Stanier coach and a BR Maroon liveried Stanier coach, who can confirm if the colours used on each is the same/

Looks the same colour, as far I can tell.

Online NGS-PO

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 01:45:38 PM »
Thanks Chris,

They look the same to me from images, etc, and from memory seeing them in shops, and as fara as I'm aware BR Maroon was LMS Lake, but it's nice to get confirmation.

Best

Scott
PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.

“Having anxiety and depression is like being scared and tired at the same time. It's the fear of failure, but no urge to be productive. It's wanting friends, but hate socializing. It's wanting to be alone, but not wanting to be lonely. It's feeling everything at once then feeling paralyzingly numb.”

Offline exmouthcraig

• Trade Count: (+5)
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 01:49:37 PM »
Once their weathered Scott whose to know? I bet you wouldnt be able to put 10 BR coaches together and get the same colour across the lot. I wouldnt worry too much, I've stripped blue coaches and painted BR green, it's a good match but not exactly the same as GF. But I bet that was the case from every works

Online NGS-PO

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 01:53:18 PM »
Once their weathered Scott whose to know? I bet you wouldnt be able to put 10 BR coaches together and get the same colour across the lot. I wouldnt worry too much, I've stripped blue coaches and painted BR green, it's a good match but not exactly the same as GF. But I bet that was the case from every works

Agreed, Craig, I have plenty colour photos of BR Maroon rakes, with varying shades of Maroon, and so as long as the colours are within a variation I'm happy with then I'm....., well, happy.

It's a large amount of coaches i've been offered and a reasonable sum to spend so my anxieties ensure I double check things.

Best

Scott.

Offline PLD

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Hull Miniature Railway Society
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 07:58:21 PM »
as fara as I'm aware BR Maroon was LMS Lake

The  "BR maroon" on the Farish Staniers is (correctly) slightly darker than the "LMS Crimson", though oddly, the "BR Maroon" on some other Farish coaches (particularly Mk1s) is closer to the LMS crimson than the BR Maroon...

The lining is also quite a bit different.

Online NGS-PO

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 08:03:06 PM »
as fara as I'm aware BR Maroon was LMS Lake

The  "BR maroon" on the Farish Staniers is (correctly) slightly darker than the "LMS Crimson", though oddly, the "BR Maroon" on some other Farish coaches (particularly Mk1s) is closer to the LMS crimson than the BR Maroon...

The lining is also quite a bit different.

Thanks

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £74.00
Below Goal: £26.00
Site Currency: GBP
74% 
October Donations

Advertise Here