!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol Maunsell coaches  (Read 47643 times)

Offline Dorsetmike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
Re: Dapol Maunsell coaches
« Reply #255 on: May 20, 2019, 08:30:48 PM »
Chris, if you scroll back up to post 241 in this thread you'll see the Ironside restaurant sides artwork, if you want to play yourself download it and print either to self adhesive label or decal if you have it; if you have clear decal then you need to paint the coach side white else the yellow will not show properly. You will need to cut out some windows maybe fill others, use the prints as a guide.

A Farish corridor coach can be hacked to an open third, you only need to do some surgery on the compartment side, awkward bit is the recessed doors, my hand/eye co-ordination isn't as good as it was else I'd be doing more; need a cataract op on the left eye, that might help.
Cheers MIKE
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: May 20, 2019, 09:31:28 PM »
Many thanks, Mike. Alas, I want them in BR SR Green livery or BR Crimson & Cream as I have Dapol Maunsells in both those liveries.

Very sorry to read that your hand/eye coordination isn't as good as it was else and that you need a cataract op on your left eye. I hope you get it and all will be well. It must be very frustrating not being able to work on your railway models.

Offline Dorsetmike

• Grumpy old fart
« Reply #257 on: September 05, 2019, 01:10:29 PM »
I've cheated a bit, stuck the WW Ironclad sides onto BHE clear plastic sides, plus ends, roof and floor cut to length and covered with livery printed as in post 241 resized to a scale 57". Need to do a reprint though to get the green a better match to the Dapol Maunsells.
Cheers MIKE

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: September 05, 2019, 09:13:28 PM »
I've cheated a bit, stuck the WW Ironclad sides onto BHE clear plastic sides, plus ends, roof and floor cut to length and covered with livery printed as in post 241 resized to a scale 57". Need to do a reprint though to get the green a better match to the Dapol Maunsells.

Thank you, Mike.

Offline Dorsetmike

• Grumpy old fart
« Reply #259 on: September 05, 2019, 10:10:39 PM »
If you have any photo editing software it should be fairly easy to modify the image in #241,  take a photo of a Dapol coach in the required livery, open it in the editing software, sample the colour(s) then use a "fill" or "paint" tool to change the Maunsell green to BRS green, if you want blood & Custard you will need to add a dividing line before doing the fill then fill top with cream and bottom with crimson.

Lettering is much simpler for BR also no lining to do, you may need to find a suitable image of the circular BR logo on the green coaches and do a copy/size/paste
Cheers MIKE

Offline talisman56

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23209
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: September 06, 2019, 01:42:51 PM »
None of the Maunsells (or Bulleids, for that matter) had the BR carriage roundel applied when in BR(S) Green.

The roundels were only applied to power cars on MUs and the Mark 1s in the sets allocated to the Wessex Limited train.

Which is why my hackles rise when I see them liberally applied to preserved BR(S) Green examples...
My inspiration - never let a setback get you down...

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Offline Dorsetmike

• Grumpy old fart
« Reply #261 on: September 06, 2019, 01:58:46 PM »
Well that makes it a bit easier then.
Cheers MIKE

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
July Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal