!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Prototype HST Returning to the NRM - Will it run again??  (Read 312 times)

Offline acko22

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR - HONOURING THE PAST, HELPING TODAY
    • Awards
Prototype HST Returning to the NRM - Will it run again??
« on: October 09, 2019, 10:22:00 PM »
Hi all,

Picked this up on face book:

https://www.125group.org.uk/prototype-hst-power-car-41001-to-return-to-york/

While there are two sides to every story and we have only heard one side from the 125 group, I do hope the NRM is going to be letting this unique unit go out. Sadly I do fear that it will become just another static exhibit which seems to be the NRM policy for anything that isn't steam!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 02:11:17 AM by railsquid, Reason: remove facebook tracking link »

Online RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: Prototype HST Returning to the NRM - Will it run again??
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 10:48:27 PM »
The 125G announcement clearly implies they couldn't continue the loan agreement without the Science Museum Group's continued involvement. But I share your concern about the loco returning to the NRM.
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Online crewearpley40

• Awards

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 11:06:57 PM »
Wow. Well that rather raises more questions than it answers for me.

Thanks for the link Chris.
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 11:11:12 PM »
Welcome mark

Offline Chetcombe

• N Gauge Society Number: 21564
    • YouTube
    • Chetcombe on YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 02:34:32 AM »
Yikes! This makes the Hattons impasse with Bachmann look solvable!

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 02:48:44 AM »
Unless I'm reading incorrectly, I get the impression that the NRM have no intention of running it.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 05:45:56 AM »
https://www.railwaymagazine.co.uk/10594/prototype-hst-power-car-withdrawn-by-nrm/

maybe a hint. think it maybe static from now, you may well have read the 125 Group 's intention - sad from the NRM !!

Offline exmouthcraig

• Trade Count: (+5)
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 07:12:14 AM »
Who restored it? I think I remember seeing that the 125 lot were responsible for getting lots of work done.

Is / was this a back handed way for the NRM to of got her restored and now THEIR objective is complete snatch it back from the 125 Group on the basis they were "in breach of terms of loan contract" denied by the other party.

A lot more to it then what's publicly known as ever!

Offline acko22

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR - HONOURING THE PAST, HELPING TODAY
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2019, 09:10:41 PM »
https://www.railwaymagazine.co.uk/10594/prototype-hst-power-car-withdrawn-by-nrm/

maybe a hint. think it maybe static from now, you may well have read the 125 Group 's intention - sad from the NRM !!

The loco was back up and running after that, I cannot remember the specific fault but it was rectified and was up and running again since it had the fault.

Who restored it? I think I remember seeing that the 125 lot were responsible for getting lots of work done.

It was the 125 group who restored it to running condition and well put their hands in their pockets to do so, which with everything that has happened no doubt will leave a sour taste some mouths over the whole saga, however there are two sides to the story and well we will probably not hear the full story or should it come out it will be up to people to decide who was in the wrong.

But the day after the announcement of the prototype HST going back to the NRM:

https://www.125group.org.uk/tag/porterbrook/

So 2 HSTs will go from the EMT fleet to the 125 group upon release while on the face of it good not without issue! The loco hauled Mk3s that the 125 group own are not wired for operation with the production HST fleet so they would either need to get HST variant Mk3s, do a complete rewire of the ones they have.

The reason been the Loco hauled rakes are wired (which included the prototype coaches) 1000v DC power supplies which the prototype HST operated, but the production HST fleet and the production Mk3s for the HSTs uses a 415 / 240 V AC supply, so by no mean the end of the head aches on that front!

But this also affects the prototype HST unless they source some loco hauled Mk3s it won't have anything to run with and something tells me the 125 group may not be so willing to part ways with them to the NRM!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 09:12:20 PM by acko22 »

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £74.00
Below Goal: £26.00
Site Currency: GBP
74% 
October Donations

Advertise Here