!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: fitting stay alive to 08s  (Read 667 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: fitting stay alive to 08s
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2020, 10:59:07 AM »
Excellent stuff. Runs very well over points!

Behind the front rad you say? That means I will have room in my sound fitted 08 too... which is crazy! :D
That rather depends on whether anything else is already behind the rad. Also the sound will be taking extra juice which may mean the results won't be as good.

Offline Ted

• N Gauge Society Number: 28852
  • Needs. More. Grime.
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2020, 11:02:22 AM »
Excellent stuff. Runs very well over points!

Behind the front rad you say? That means I will have room in my sound fitted 08 too... which is crazy! :D
That rather depends on whether anything else is already behind the rad. Also the sound will be taking extra juice which may mean the results won't be as good.

To be honest the sound install was my first and a challenge I set myself. In at the deep end.

Unfortunately it never ran particularly well, even from brand new.

So the sound is a waste on it, the capacitor is a much better choice of 'mod'... that said, I think there's enough room near the rad to retrofit. I used the cab for speaker, side of the motor for the chip.  :thumbsup:

Offline GrahamB

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2020, 12:35:34 PM »
DCC won't fix a poorly running loco. If the problem lay with the pickups they can be adjusted but it needs gentle handling.

Of course, everything starts with clean track and clean wheels.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £5.00
Below Goal: £55.00
Site Currency: GBP
 8%
April Donations

Advertise Here
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal