!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Azuma promo link  (Read 110 times)

Offline daffy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
Azuma promo link
« on: August 30, 2019, 07:52:18 AM »
Those folks at Sainsbury’s/Nectar sent me a link this morning to promos about the LNER Azuma trains. Some discussion on the Forum on these, but not sure these have been posted before, so here goes:

https://www.lner.co.uk/the-east-coast-experience/azuma-trains/azuma-story//?utm_source=Nectar&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&utm_campaign=Nectar_Solus_Aug19_Acquisition

Still think that the name, Azuma, sounds like a sweet you suck. :) And maybe someone somewhere will spell it is it sounds, ‘ a zoomer’.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Online railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
Re: Azuma promo link
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 08:24:23 AM »
Still think that the name, Azuma, sounds like a sweet you suck. :) And maybe someone somewhere will spell it is it sounds, ‘ a zoomer’.

FWIW it's a somewhat archaic Japanese pronunciation of the Chinese character for "east" (東).

Seeing it written in English always puts me in mind of some Central American god.
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 08:32:25 AM »

FWIW it's a somewhat archaic Japanese pronunciation of the Chinese character for "east" (東).

Seeing it written in English always puts me in mind of some Central American god.

First name ‘Monty’?  :D. Hopefully travelling on this train won’t give passengers stomach gripes, also known to some at ‘Montezuma’s Revenge’. :no:

Thanks for the origin clarification. I was just about to look it up. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 08:33:52 AM »
... puts me in mind of some Central American god.

Same here.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline robert shrives

• N Gauge Society Number: 8743
  • 2mm Association Number: 4424
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 08:55:55 AM »
‘Montezuma’s Revenge’.

So very true given the RSSB condemnation of seating.  It did seem yet another "age of the train" moment When Azuma was given out as the fleet name ! At work being a bunch of railway cynics we did laugh. I guess it will not be long before edict from on high banning use of montezuma as a working title, just like happened with "Dusty bins" class 321s. 

Still if links and promos produce more passengers and their money it has to be good for the industry.
Robert 

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 08:57:40 AM »
Well, running as it does on the ECML I presume, it's good to see the Japanese have it sussed  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
55% 
September Donations