!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Outstanding service none model related.  (Read 172 times)

Offline Delboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
Outstanding service none model related.
« on: August 28, 2019, 11:27:52 AM »
I just felt I needed to share my experience with someone so hope you forgive me putting it here. Who knows, another forum member may benefit from "theleatherclinic".
They have an e-bay shop and are based in Liverpool.
My 7 year old leather 2 seater was showing signs of wear especially where my head would rest whilst watching TV. Basically the slighty ruddy coloured dark brown dye had completely worn away. I decided to look into fixing the problem myself, after all, it cannot be too much trouble to a modeller - blending some colours and applying. I came across theleatherclinic on e-bay and decided to ask a few questions to make sure I chose the correct product from the multitude they had available. They were extremely patient and helpful and my parcel was delivered very quickly. Nothing special about that. You are provided with a base colour (in my case dark brown) and various dues to lighten or darken it. The instructions were very clear, all necessary tools provided and my first attempt was a vast improvement but I decided not quite ruddy enough. So I contacted them again and asked them to point me to more of the red additive as I had used (actually wasted) the amount they sent. I would then purchase this and have a second attempt. They responded by saying that they would post some additive and more of the base dye to me immediately at no further cost. Next day I received the additions in the post and now am able to continue with my blending and re-apply before sealing the colour into the leather. In my opinion that is what you call good after-sales.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline ntpntpntp

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Outstanding service none model related.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 11:38:28 AM »
Think I got a leather patch from them, for SWMBO to try fiddling with our old sofa.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Online Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 11:38:54 AM »
The impression I get (apart from you being very impressed with the service), is it it's just colouring?

Was the leather itself worn to the point of replacement?

I ask this because a couple of years ago, a beloved leather lounge at Chez Bealman was replaced because the leather was worn.

I wouldn't like to think I could have saved the expense of a new lounge if all I needed was the product you describe!

To make things worse, Mrs Bealman hates the new lounge!!!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Delboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 12:08:09 PM »
My main praise is due to the fact that "theleatherclinic" could have very easily suggested I buy more of the additive, but chose to send the additional free of charge. The sofa was only worn to the extent that the dye had been removed so I needed a colour blending and sealing kit, but they do other products to actually repair tears in leather.  But for now SWMBO has been prevented from suggesting it is time for a new suite.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here