!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Help!!1 - driveshaft reseating  (Read 437 times)

Offline mojo

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Help!!1 - driveshaft reseating
« on: August 25, 2019, 01:50:30 PM »
Does anyone have tips for re-seating the driveshaft on a Dapol A4 (valanced version) please?

Previously when it came adrift I must have been lucky as I managed re-connection first time. Now I am having no joy at all with re-seating.

Maurice C.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 01:01:08 PM by Railwaygun »

Offline thebrighton

• N Gauge Society Number: 11588
  • 2mm Association Number: 4483
    • Awards
Re: Help!!1
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 04:26:09 PM »
Connect it into the slot on the locos yoke first then have a look how it lines up with the tenders yoke. Chances are the motor has turned over a partial revolution. Just use a flat bladed screwdriver to rotate the yoke so the slots in it line up again with the pegs on the shaft and pop it in. You can of course add it to the tender first then loco. Also remember to always pick the loco and tender up together to avoid one of them dropping as that is when the shaft pops out.

Online Fredastaire

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 07:11:21 PM »
May i also recommend a visual of the tender coupling, they are a small push fit tube with the slit for the drive shaft. Sometimes they split and slide toward the tender so you cant refit the drive shaft.

Offline mojo

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 09:40:23 PM »
Thanks fo the replies, the shaft is attached to the tender and I had not appreciated that it would detach at both ends.
Stupid me, as it would not be practical engineering if it was not.

Maurice C.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal