!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Finally done some modelling (and repainted a 'Baby Warship')  (Read 168 times)

Offline NeMo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23720
    • Awards
Finally done some modelling (and repainted a 'Baby Warship')
« on: August 13, 2019, 01:48:56 PM »
So this had been sitting on my 'to do' list for a while. Finally got some free time (summer holidays!) with the next NGS Journal more or less finished (yay!).

What I wanted was the sort of 'Baby Warship' that would have worked the Somerset coal mines had they still been working during the 70s, which is the theme of my current project, West Radstock.

Some faded blue applied to the sides, a home-brew mix of yellows to fade the front end, another mix of silver and matt black on the roof, and Tamiya weathering powders for the white bleaching effect (apparently caused by the nasty chemicals used in the train washers during this period).

Very pleased with how well the Precision Labels decals went on, allowing me to renumber this loco to D6333 with the 'wrong' lettering -- quite common at this time, and authentic to this loco. Gloss varnish under the decals, then matt on top, and finally satin to seal everything in and make the weathering powders look less 'dusty' at this scale.

Anyway, thought I'd share, just to reassure you all that I'm still trying to get some modelling done even if most "train time" is spent over a keyboard.

Cheers, NeMo

NGS Journal Editor

Offline crewearpley40

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Finally done some modelling (and repainted a 'Baby Warship')
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 01:52:42 PM »
Looking good. Thanks for sharing

Offline RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 02:20:41 PM »
Good that you can still find time for modelling amongst the demands of the Journal. Especially when it's such fine modelling!  :thumbsup:
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 02:34:04 PM »
That looks suitably grotty. Nice job

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 11:15:37 PM »
Good to see you're still keeping your editorial eye in  :thumbsup:

A very nice model.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
December Donations