!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Inverkeithing  (Read 2384 times)

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Inverkeithing
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 02:14:38 AM »
thanks still plenty of modelling potential!!!!!

Offline pape_timmo

• N Gauge Society Number: 23256
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 12:59:17 PM »
Looks a really interesting project. I worked a few times at Rosyth, and popped into Inverkeithing a few times to do a bit of spotting on a few evenings. Great location .

Cheers Timmo
There’s the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

Offline Jeff McGhie

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2019, 08:24:38 PM »
Some progress with half the fiddle yard now laid and the first set of board joints cut with only minor repairs needed.

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2019, 12:18:49 PM »
Great trackwork Jeff - a very local haunt for me when I lived in Kinross, it being about the nearest station with good connections to Edinburgh where you dare leave your car ... (no offence Cowdenbeath!   :-[ )

Offline westie7

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20071
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2019, 12:30:00 PM »
Great trackwork Jeff - a very local haunt for me when I lived in Kinross, it being about the nearest station with good connections to Edinburgh where you dare leave your car ... (no offence Cowdenbeath!   :-[ )

I did lose a cabside window once at Cowdenbeath :D
But I think that was because the 158 was past it

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2019, 08:55:35 PM »
Excellent work!

Offline Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2019, 10:59:42 AM »

Being originally a Kirkcaldy boy @Milton Rail , and a Raith Rovers fan to boot, I have no problem insulting those from Cowdenbeath  :D in fact Rovers fans have a song especially for them to the tune of the Adams Family, I wont repeat it though  ;D

Really good to see this being modelled @Jeff McGhie and I'll look forward to seeing your progress. Also nice to see the McGhie name, my great uncle was a McGhie and a fine man he was too  :thumbsup:

Offline Jeff McGhie

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2019, 09:04:22 PM »
Evening Pop Pickers, No photos today but the fiddle yard track laying continues, only a quarter to go and then the wiring starts. I'm aiming to get the fiddle yard boards (all 3) laid and wired up although maybe not with all the point motors fitted by the end of November. Then attention can turn to the scenic boards as that might take a bit more trial and error, particularly around the double junctions.

Thanks for all the good wishes above although as a Par, I'd look down on both the country cousins from Cowdenbeath and the wee team supporters from Kirkcaldy Lawrence  :D

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2019, 06:25:19 AM »
Good luck with the wiring jeff. I recently teamed up with a forum member to wire a junction drilling tiny holes and soldering in at the toe end of points. And tying in wires with choc blocks. Look forward to the end result

Offline Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2019, 08:35:55 AM »
Thanks for all the good wishes above although as a Par, I'd look down on both the country cousins from Cowdenbeath and the wee team supporters from Kirkcaldy Lawrence  :D

Well that's you right off the Christmas card list, I must say I'm surprised, you came over as quite intelligent in your posts so far  ;) ;D ;D Hopefully see you next season and, despite your predilection for the dark side of Fife, I still look forward to seeing the build progress  :thumbsup:

Offline Jeff McGhie

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2019, 03:45:48 PM »
Fiddle yard track is now all down and glued. Next step is to wire the it up to check it runs ok before starting any more track. It will be DCC controlled so the wiring is nice and simple, helped by the unifrog points which look a doddle to wire up.

May (room permitting) take one of the boards to Falkirk next weekend

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2019, 03:53:17 PM »
Hope the wiring goes to plan jeff.

Online ScottishModeller

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24524
  • 2mm Association Number: 4622
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2019, 10:03:33 PM »
Fiddle yard track is now all down and glued. Next step is to wire the it up to check it runs ok before starting any more track. It will be DCC controlled so the wiring is nice and simple, helped by the unifrog points which look a doddle to wire up.

May (room permitting) take one of the boards to Falkirk next weekend
Hi Jeff,

If no room on SM stand then see if we have space on the NGS stand!

Phil H
Thanks
Phil Holman

Offline scottishlocos

• Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2019, 12:57:43 PM »
Jeff

So sorry i have missed this project i have been absent from NGF for too long i am also local to Fife and this will be a great layout.

As far as trains are concerned the follwing are trains which would have been seen in the 80s BR period

HST on Abberdeen passenger

Class 26 27 37 40 47 on loco-hauled trains to Perth Dundee Aberdeen

Class 20s double heading on MGR

The Quarry at Inverkeithing still had sidings in the 80s i amsure i have seen a pic of single class 20 working this train the wagons were Dogfish ballast hoppers

Speedlink to Thornton Yard would have had traffic for the  Tullis Russel papermill Cargowaggons for the finished paper products caustic soda liquor tanks and of course china clay hoppers

Also on the speedlink train would be imported pulp from Methil docks in OBA wagons Carbon Dioxide tanks for Cameron Bridge and various wagons for the MoD at Rosyth and Crombie VDA VGA and VEA vans were all used for this traffic

Last but mot least and sadly the only freight which still passes through Fife is Cement to Aberdeen

Kind Regards

Dave

Offline scottishlocos

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2019, 01:00:16 PM »
Sorry

Also just remembered the coal trains to Methil power station these were in open wagons not MGRs and ran from Westfield to Methil but empties returning to Millerhill/Mossend could be modelled

Hope this helps

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
July Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal