!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Clifton Northern Rail 2016 N gauge  (Read 166 times)

Offline B757-236GT

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24585
    • My blogging blog!
    • Awards
Clifton Northern Rail 2016 N gauge
« on: August 03, 2019, 12:30:45 PM »
I thought i would upload this to the forum and flickr. Its a little project i have been working on over the last few months. Its 45x12 inches on one board and is based on a fictional DB L.I.P in the Yorkshire area but the beauty is it can be either side of the Pennines as there is little to no difference in the stock used.

As can be seen its all on one board and has its own shelf legs on which it is supported. These are simply some B&Q shelf units cut down with some L shaped brackets. Ive also added a 4 way extension lead in which is mounted directly on to a shelf to keep it secure, the cables are then all clipped into place to keep them tidy. As can be see it can be operated from the front or the rear so can either be used like this at home or at a show. Control is standard DC control using a gauge master Combi handheld unit however despite it having a points output it only controls the track. The points are powered using a mains feed gauge master cdu with built in transformer (cant seem to find it anymore so i'm not sure its still made).

There are two roads with OHLE so i can run the odd electric loco in addition to the endless 66s. I was tempted to do it for the passenger line too however as there really isn't a suitable 3 car EMU yet (i do have a 323 in the works) i didn't see the point. If the Farish 319 ever turns up i might add one.

Ive also fitted working street lights which had to be modified when i made the mistake of not being able to get into the fiddle yard so i had to modify it to suit. The industrial warehouses are unit models low relief units behind the platform and for the other one its a wills oo gauge unit which has been cut down to reduce the height and also had bespoke windows and doors fitted using spares from other kits. This together with the loco shed i have fitted with lighting to illuminate the detailed interiors.

Anyway this project is drawing to a close now as I'm on the final detailing and shake down stage so i'm looking at the next project. What it will be however is anyone's guess!

Enjoy!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fatherjacksphotos/albums/72157709864020541
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Online crewearpley40

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Clifton Northern Rail 2016 N gauge
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 12:34:55 PM »
thank you superb modern image diorama

how did you manage the fitted working street lights please ?

Offline B757-236GT

• My blogging blog!
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 12:57:38 PM »
The interior lights are simply 12v led strip lights glued into position. The LED lights on the outside of the industrial unit are from layouts4u and are about 3.50 for 2. The street lamps i bought from railroom electronics and again are LED's so they do need resistors but i have 16 LED's so far off one 12v 1 amp power supply.  I still need to get some yard lamps so i'm considering which ones from the CR signals range would be the best, this is the one job where work is still required.

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 01:00:54 PM »
richard

superb little diorama. thanks gives me inspiration on the lighting - very effective

chris

Offline B757-236GT

• My blogging blog!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 03:32:48 PM »
Ive done a little more work to the layout which has mainly including adding various bits of scrub which built up industrial areas seem to have lots of. Ive also modified a few Oxford transits with doors open. It really is a dead simple conversion. Simply scribe the mould lines with a sharp knife and then use the cut out door and simply re-glue to the body.
Anyway i've uploaded some photos of the conversion to my flickr site https://www.flickr.com/photos/fatherjacksphotos/48501797647/in/album-72157709864020541/ here so feel free to like or heckle at your wish. Ive also got some red LED which are absolutely tiny so i can make up homemade bufferstop lamps. As they are already pre-wired it shouldn't be a major job to do as i feel its something that is missing. I'm still looking at Yard lamps too and some little details for the depot area. Oh yes and there is also the radio-telecommunication mast to fit too.

Richard

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 03:34:50 PM »
transits looking good richard !

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £155.00
Above Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP